Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
If a new Zipper was $87,500 when the Skywheel was $209,000, if a me Zipper today was is $700k, I would expect the new Skywheel to come in at about $1.8M
Ride the Zipper?
Sounds good Matt, thanks for the update.

Just for fun, anyone want to guess at what a new Sky Wheel would cost built factory fresh from Chance (if a show owner even wanted one)with all the new updates and LEDs.

My guess would be around the million mark, but then again maybe not because there is no fiberglass on the Sky Wheel, but two trailers and such.
And you could get a new Chevy for $2K.
Ride the Zipper?
I heard through the grapevine that Chance was working on a plan to bring the price down in the future as they perfect the manufacturing process. When they built the Zipper for Skinners, most of the jigs and forms had to be dug out of storage and they basically had to teach a new crew how to build the ride. Most of the guys that built all the Zippers in the 90s and early 2000s were all gone.

Also, rumor has it a new tub design concept is in the works.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Zipper listed for $82,750 in 1977.
Skywheel was $209,000
Yeah and didnt Al pay 250k for the space wheels and seattle wheel, and the patents, think he sold the patents for 50k to AH
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

So that was another good article on the new Zipper and the ride looks sharp, but I was sitting there reading it and thinking about the 700K price tag.

I remember when a big show owner was interviewed by AB in the late 80s and he was talking about his purchase of a Euro Giant Wheel and that it was about a million bucks, and that another show had paid about the same.

He was alluding to a possible "ride sharing" program with rides getting so expensive. I think back then music rides may have been in the 500K range as well.

And now new Zippers are running around 700k, which not bashing Chance, everything costs more these days, just thinking about how much it's changed.

in the mid sixty's a Sky Wheel cost 125K
So that was another good article on the new Zipper and the ride looks sharp, but I was sitting there reading it and thinking about the 700K price tag.

I remember when a big show owner was interviewed by AB in the late 80s and he was talking about his purchase of a Euro Giant Wheel and that it was about a million bucks, and that another show had paid about the same.

He was alluding to a possible "ride sharing" program with rides getting so expensive. I think back then music rides may have been in the 500K range as well.

And now new Zippers are running around 700k, which not bashing Chance, everything costs more these days, just thinking about how much it's changed.