Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Drummer1973 

Reynolds McBride aka Bobby was my grandfather and I traveled with him every summer

Do you ever remember coming to Mauldin SC, Bi-Lo/Sky City parking lot?
Reynolds McBride aka Bobby was my grandfather and I traveled with him every summer
I remember they would come to a city here just up the road each summer, had those trailers with blue/red/white colors, nice ground mount wheel and few other rides. I really wish I had a camera back then and took some pictures.
They have both passed away. They lived in South Carolina, and we didn’t hear of them passing for a year or so afterwards
What happened to them?
Ride the Zipper?
My wife and I traveled with Uncle Bobby and Aunt Hazel for about a month back in 1974. They carried a little dog with them everywhere. Sam, I think her name was. I really thought a lot of those two!
I know they had a couple of Popcorn /Food trailers. Several tent set ups,(Throw ball in the Milk jug-Ring on the bottle), Tilt-a-Whirl, Scrambler, Swing, Bumper Cars.
I remember Bobby telling a story of having a tent set up at Martinsville selling soup out of it. He said it was so dusty, that after they made the soup on Monday, all they had to do was add water the rest of the week because the dust kept it thick. He would laugh. I sure miss seeing those two!
Danny Morrison
Martinsville, VA
My wife and I traveled with Uncle Bobby and Aunt Hazel for about a month back in 1974. They carried a little dog with them everywhere. Sam, I think her name was. I really thought a lot of those two!
I know they had a couple of Popcorn /Food trailers. Several tent set ups,(Throw ball in the Milk jug-Ring on the bottle), Tilt-a-Whirl, Scrambler, Swing, Bumper Cars.
I remember Bobby telling a story of having a tent set up at Martinsville selling soup out of it. He said it was so dusty, that after they made the soup on Monday, all they had to do was add water the rest of the week because the dust kept it thick. He would laugh. I sure miss seeing those two!
Danny Morrison
Martinsville, VA
I know they were a small operation back in the 70s, but wanted to know if anyone on here worked for or with McBride's Amusements out of SC.

What I can remember they had:

Ground mount Ferris Wheel
Tilt
Scram
MGR
Kiddies

Any stories or pictures?