Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
using a second magnet will prove if the switch is working but it will not prove if the boat is actually making the switch actuate.
Try this, first use a second magnet to prove the switch is working using an ohm meter. Next assuming it is working put the correct voltage on the control system and make the boat swing. Then while the boat is moving, with the second magnet you used to prove the switch just actuate the switch and see if the boat movment changes....give it some time as I do not know the program and it may be timed to do something after the switch is made. if nothing happens then you probably need a new control system. Also check the wiring from the switch to the control system to make sure it is good. If the boat movement changes then the problem probably is that the magnet is not strong enough or close enough to activate the switch.
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

The magnet one way or the other should work on the reed switch. Can you get the wires and look at the switch as the boat moves back and forth? An ohm meter will tell you if the switch is working. If you have used both AC and DC on the electronics you may have fried something. I would contact Faller and explain to them what is happening and see if they will send you a new set of electronics and then only use the voltage they recommend. Reed switches do not have any issue with the way the magnet is oriented. Electronic switches do but not reed switches unless the magnet is not coming close enough to activate the switch.

Thanks Rich, i may have fried something testing the motor with the DC current, and i'll use a second magnet to see how the reed is working
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
The magnet one way or the other should work on the reed switch. Can you get the wires and look at the switch as the boat moves back and forth? An ohm meter will tell you if the switch is working. If you have used both AC and DC on the electronics you may have fried something. I would contact Faller and explain to them what is happening and see if they will send you a new set of electronics and then only use the voltage they recommend. Reed switches do not have any issue with the way the magnet is oriented. Electronic switches do but not reed switches unless the magnet is not coming close enough to activate the switch.
Originally Posted by: skydiver77 

It goes all the way upside down and around huh? You could scratch off it being a Fun Schiff / Pirate and convert it into one of those looping ships like some amusement parks have. Carowinds has one, but I forget what they call it right off hand..

Yeah i'm debating about that, sure would look cool though
It goes all the way upside down and around huh? You could scratch off it being a Fun Schiff / Pirate and convert it into one of those looping ships like some amusement parks have. Carowinds has one, but I forget what they call it right off hand..
Originally Posted by: hussrainbow87 

it's happened to me, but only when the boat isnt directly swinging over the reed switch, but its after a cycle has ended, and then the new one begins.... it could be faulty. Faller should be able to send you out a new reed.

Thanks man,
I'm going to try to flip the magnet to see if it'l catch the reed switch, if not then the reed switch must be faulty. At least i know the motor can and will swing both directions, it just takes either AC to go clockwise, or DC for counter clockwise lol
it's happened to me, but only when the boat isnt directly swinging over the reed switch, but its after a cycle has ended, and then the new one begins.... it could be faulty. Faller should be able to send you out a new reed.
Has anyone on here built and motorized the Faller Fun shiff?
I have built mine, but all it seems to do is rotate 360 in a circle, if i use AC it'll go clockwise in a loop, and DC counterclockwise
I think my magnet on the boat is upside down, as it will not trigger the reed switch in the base.
I have tried swapping the motor and reed switch wires around on the control box with no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem?