Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris
Even at the prices that they sold at, you've gotta be pretty serious about modeling to drop that kind of cash on them. True, they are hand built and the quality is second to none, but lots of folks I think would rather spend a lot less, in case the cat knocks it over, the kid destroys it, or their tastes change.

The thing with me is that I am a perfectionist not only at my job, but when it comes to modeling. Yes, it is a lot of money to pay for a model, but it's a great start to something even better. When I bought my Cummons Sky Diver years ago, I didn't think that I would ever make changes to it, but over the years have added extra things to it. I really didn't have that extra money to shell out, and never seem to, but the bills will still get paid, and it will turn out alright. As far as the cat, she knows where to go and where not to go, and the top of the entertainment center is offlimits. As far as kids, none yet, but I remember as a kids learning what "toys" never to touch of my dads. Hope my kids will learn that too.

Quote:

quote:

I posted the original links, because I figured someone here (out of the almost 500 members) would be interested, given exactly what they are. Guess I was right, but I figured that there would be more interest than there was. Now, the seller might not be as happy with the selling price, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

I thought that there would have been more interest in them too. I found a few people who told me that they were interested.

Quote:

quote:

PS - Pretty sure that I have you to thank for my finding MCW. You used to have a carnival website (started at Clarkson U.(Let's Go Tech![:D])) that had a link to Matt's site, right? If I recall correctly, you shut it down when things got a little crazy on your message board. Glad to see you here![8D]

Wow, good memory. Sorry that I don't remember you. I know we live in the same state. I'm in the Utica area now. Clarkson, Clarkson, not one of my finest moments. Yeah, I'm trying to remember why I ever did shut it down. Yeah, I think that there were some problems on the Messageboard between a few people. I moved it a couple of times, and then it disappeared for good when cybercities deleted everything. Glad Matt built a site because my site would have never gotten to the point that his has.

Brett
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/08/2004 : 4:13:33 PM by SDS Mike

Long Live Amusement Ride Showcase! lol

That's the site, Mike! Now how come I couldn't remember it before?[:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Long Live Amusement Ride Showcase! lol
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/08/2004 : 06:50:49 AM by powersbt

Thank You. Been looking forward to bidding on them all week long. Wanted the Tilt, but either one was fine with me. Yeah CNYChris, really close on the Tilt. Waited until 45 seconds left to put my bid in, but connection and computer were working really well and it left too much time left. The person who outbid me had to have been watching it and reloading the page as much as I was.

Know the feeling, been outbid many a time with only 4-5-6 seconds left. Guess that's one of the benefits of a superfast internet connection.

Quote:

quote:

Prices were good. I thought that they would have gone higher. Not often that we see Cummons models on Ebay. Husrainbow sold his Sky Diver a while back and someone sold a couple as a set at a really cheap Buy it now price. That auction lasted a whole 9 hours. I'll have to post some photos in my Webshots when I get it and start adding details to it.

Brett

Even at the prices that they sold at, you've gotta be pretty serious about modeling to drop that kind of cash on them. True, they are hand built and the quality is second to none, but lots of folks I think would rather spend a lot less, in case the cat knocks it over, the kid destroys it, or their tastes change.

Ebay is also a funny place. Sometimes something will sell great one week, but you can't give it away the next. It takes the right bidder, in the right mood, and the right price, or else it'll just sit there. I posted the original links, because I figured someone here (out of the almost 500 members) would be interested, given exactly what they are. Guess I was right, but I figured that there would be more interest than there was. Now, the seller might not be as happy with the selling price, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Enjoy the Sky Wheel, Brett. Glad you were able to win the auction.

Chris

PS - Pretty sure that I have you to thank for my finding MCW. You used to have a carnival website (started at Clarkson U.(Let's Go Tech![:D])) that had a link to Matt's site, right? If I recall correctly, you shut it down when things got a little crazy on your message board. Glad to see you here![8D]

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Thank You. Been looking forward to bidding on them all week long. Wanted the Tilt, but either one was fine with me. Yeah CNYChris, really close on the Tilt. Waited until 45 seconds left to put my bid in, but connection and computer were working really well and it left too much time left. The person who outbid me had to have been watching it and reloading the page as much as I was. Prices were good. I thought that they would have gone higher. Not often that we see Cummons models on Ebay. Husrainbow sold his Sky Diver a while back and someone sold a couple as a set at a really cheap Buy it now price. That auction lasted a whole 9 hours. I'll have to post some photos in my Webshots when I get it and start adding details to it.

Brett

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SDS Mike

damn, congrats powersbt.... i was debating on bidding on that sky wheel ....good luck with it

3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
damn, congrats powersbt.... i was debating on bidding on that sky wheel ....good luck with it
Congrats powersbt , very nice .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 01/07/2004 : 5:14:19 PM by powersbt

Yes I do post here. Bid on the both of them. Got lucky 2nd time around.

Was watching both in the closing minute. Figured that it was you. Close one on the tilt.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

quote:

Posted - 12/31/2003 : 9:23:25 PM

Saw these while browsing around on Ebay. Thought someone here might have an interest in them. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...7480026&category=484 

Sold for $336.29
Quote:

quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...7480653&category=484 

Sold for $300.00 (I believe that the winner posts here. [:D])

Yes I do post here. Bid on the both of them. Got lucky 2nd time around.

3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 12/31/2003 : 9:23:25 PM

Saw these while browsing around on Ebay. Thought someone here might have an interest in them. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...7480026&category=484 

Sold for $336.29
Quote:

quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...7480653&category=484 

Sold for $300.00 (I believe that the winner posts here. [:D])