Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: britt 

metal detectors at every gate. no need for concealed weapons there. plenty of security and what if a weapon falls from a pocket and goes off while on a ride. some rides had containers to empty pockets so there would not be any lost cell phones, money etc. what if someone removed their weapon and then everyone had access to it. too many variables to cover and the best thing to do is leave them in the vehicles under lock and key. knives were not allowed also

What about outside of the gates? Last time I was an NCSF the independent house trailer lots were outside the gates. So with the polices of the NCSF they have left fair patrons that go to their parked vehicles and those that go to their RVS unable to defend themselves. They have set them up as targets of opportunity. And after reading several news accounts this is exactly what happened.

Thanks for the replies, all good points.
in my imho. with the biker scence that i am part of.all weapons are checked in and secured. untill function has ceased.and will be returned only if you are sober and able to understand that. works very well.looks like we have evolved very little with people packing heaters.at public functions.hell its a fair to enjoy yourself with your family.not the wild west. let the police do there thing there thing. getting paid big o.t. anyway. in summary check weapons at gate.hell there is enough fire powwer around anyway. to control those parsite creepers. thank you bigjlh.
Originally Posted by: 80meterwheelman 

Safety & security is the ONLY priority today. At the risk of planting seeds, I'll just say that, perhaps, metal detectors at the entrances would be better.
[boat]

metal detectors at every gate. no need for concealed weapons there. plenty of security and what if a weapon falls from a pocket and goes off while on a ride. some rides had containers to empty pockets so there would not be any lost cell phones, money etc. what if someone removed their weapon and then everyone had access to it. too many variables to cover and the best thing to do is leave them in the vehicles under lock and key. knives were not allowed also
Safety & security is the ONLY priority today. At the risk of planting seeds, I'll just say that, perhaps, metal detectors at the entrances would be better.
[boat]
Doing nothing is tiresome because you can't stop to rest.
Good little crowd, the only thing I didn't like was not allowing folks with CWP's to bring their weapons.

How does everyone else feel about this? Personally, with some of the terror attacks happening I think it would be a good thing to some degree. However, I could see a problem with an armed person on a ride.

Just my personal opinion, what do you all think about it?
Final Attendance: 929,748
for some reason the whole link wont link so you have to copy and paste.I dont under stand why its like that.
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

There's a difference - the NAME Century Wheel incident is something that other shows should know about and something everyone can learn from. It wasn't their fault that the accident happened, it was another case of patron error (or maybe it was accidental patron error). Unfortunately the local media's initial reports portrayed it differently, which is why we posted it here with more details about the patron error. :)

I don't really have any info on why the Rainbow was taken down (and didnt know it was taken down until I read this thread), other then what was said here. Britt probably has the most accurate info as he knows people with the show as well as the state of NC.

I spoke with a representative of the North Carolina Department of labor a short time ago in response to my FOIA request. I'm Still waiting for receipt of some additional information from him, but from our discussion I know the following things:

There is no report because they didn't get into the detailed inspection when problems were found.

The ride was never set up. So the statement that it was set up and torn down is not accurate.

It was a mutual decision by all parties involved that the ride would not be set up at the fair, and he gave me very detailed information on the reasons the decision was made. Depending on what I receive from him, I may or may not make the details available.