Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Merry x-mas and happy new year to you . Sounds like you've been a busy boy . Very kewl ride BTW .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ross

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and everyone on here BigEli. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. Just got back from a trip out to Western Canada, was driving around the perimeter of Winnipeg, Manitoba heading to Brandon, and I saw a FULLY refurbished Chance Toboggan set up at a Go-Kart race track. It wasn't in operation obviously due to weather, but it sure looked unbelievable! They did alot of work to it. I would have stopped and enquired furthur had it been open for the season. Here is a link to their website, click on TOBOGGAN and take a peak at what they did with it.

http://www.grandprixamusements.com/ 

What a fixture missing from the majority of midways today. [:(]

Very nice! Too bad it is a ride that is disappearing. Skerbeck Brothers Shows here in Michigan still carries a very nice one, glad they still do. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

Quote:

quote:

LOT LIZARDS...[:p]

LMFAO !!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and everyone on here BigEli. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. Just got back from a trip out to Western Canada, was driving around the perimeter of Winnipeg, Manitoba heading to Brandon, and I saw a FULLY refurbished Chance Toboggan set up at a Go-Kart race track. It wasn't in operation obviously due to weather, but it sure looked unbelievable! They did alot of work to it. I would have stopped and enquired furthur had it been open for the season. Here is a link to their website, click on TOBOGGAN and take a peak at what they did with it.

http://www.grandprixamusements.com/ 

Yet another fixture missing/disapearing from the majority of midways today. [:(]

'DO YOU WANNA GO F-A-S-T-E-R?'
Quote:

quote:

LMFAO !!!!!
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
'DO YOU WANNA GO F-A-S-T-E-R?'
I've put it here before but it works with the thread, so check out some history at:

http://www.personal.psu....y/v/a/vac3/ride1960.html 

[:)]

in terms of "when they first came round" - but it mentions who owned, park/trailer-version, etc.

Peace + Love = Information
oh cool
UserPostedImage
strates still has all the programs on theres
You'll miss us when were gone....
ooh yeah, i love the sequences on the gondola, they are great, ours still work fine, except now our cloud only flashes on and off, because, before it got re-worked with globes, like in my sig, it had rope lights, and before that it was the original.
the rope lights looked shocking at night, you could barely make out RAINBOW and like A, B,O,W would flash all weird, but now its back to globes but no sequences 😞, I never actually got to see the cloud write RAINBOW, i guess i was too young to remember, does strates one still do it?
and our rays i remember used to twinkle, but now its rope lights [:(]and it looks kinda tacky
UserPostedImage
Conklin's used to do all the programs including writing the letters. The same with the one at the former Maple Leaf Village. There was a couple of times where the letters weren't hooked up in the proper sequence which made the programs look funny. Again Huss was ahead of their time with the computerized lighting of the Rainbow for the sign, sun and gondola.

Love the new signature.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by HUSSRAINBOW

yeah its ok, but being the biggest fan like me LOL, i don't really like it alot, but the cloud also does heaps, ours actually used to write the letts, flash, do all stuff, it was koollllllllllll