Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Yes and his name is on the dog house door...

A great foreman like that you want to take care of, which I am sure Reithoffer does.

I remember we had a guy who took great pride in moving and taking care of our Gravitron, every bulb worked, ride was clean and well kept.

Bill yes same is true every year I went to see Conkin there, which was from 1993 till the last year of the event. Always booked in pieces...

Zachini always had 1 or 2 large dark rides.

CVS had 1 of their 3 Himalaya type rides (2 Reverchon, 1 Mack) every year. Seemed to rotate them every year. I remember seeing 1 of there 2 Wave swingers there when for some reason Conklin didn't bring their. May of had 1 or 2 more pieces there too...

Don't remember seeing A of A, but my memory is not what is used to be...

Some years Deggeller used to bring in stuff too. Remember their Giant Wheel being there as well as they Wave Swinger (again when Conklin didn't bring theirs). They may of had 1 or 2 more pieces in there as well.

Truax had stuff there.

And Dolan used to have several pieces there as well.

Early to Mid 90's Conklin around that time was in Toronto with World's Finest Shows for the Spring Fair at the CNE grounds
BeauceCarnavalMan
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

When i saw Conklin at Yonkers they had stuff from CVS, A of A, Zachini's and one or two more operators.

That part of the season Zachini would have been traveling the rest of the season with Conklin as they would head out to Thunder Bay (1st stop in town of 2 for the season)

BeauceCarnavalMan

In 88Conklin had the Zachini Cake Walk at Yonkers, a Bobs from A of A, I think a himalaya from CVS, a reverchon Explorer from ?? etc.

Could have been Conklin's I remember they had their own Explorer for a few years in Canada before booking in Beauce Carnaval's
BeauceCarnavalMan

In 88Conklin had the Zachini Cake Walk at Yonkers, a Bobs from A of A, I think a himalaya from CVS, a reverchon Explorer from ?? etc.

Ok that explains it, A of A was playing with them before I started going to the fair.
I think the Explorer was Conklin's or Worlds finest Shows?
Originally Posted by: swooper 

As I remember it ,Strates created Yonkers fair.

ok didn't know that, thanks.

Didn't know Strates played at Yonkers Raceway? Must have been before Conklin. I do remember Conklin playing there. They brought in the BIG iron: Doppel Looping Coaster, Wild Cat Coaster, Mark I Coaster, Niagra Falls Flume, Drop of Fear drop tower, G-Force, Wild River Raft, Loop on Top, Rainbow, Enterprise, Tidal Wave (Pirate),Giant Wheel, Wave Swinger, Polar Express, Snow Ball Express, Holiday Bounce, etc. etc...

As I remember it ,Strates created Yonkers fair.
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Also this means that Reithoffer should be at the Staten Island mall in 2 weeks.

Yes believe the dates are May 1st to 11th this year, but not 100% on that...
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

That Super Himalaya is by far the nicest out there. Just ALWAYS looks and sounds awesome. Billy Carpenter takes pride in moving it.

Yes and his name is on the dog house door...