Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thanks for sharing the photos RRSHOW1. Really enjoyed them. I saw your family's equipment booked with Crown Amusements a few years ago in Toledo, OH at the Sports Arena, Memorial Day spot. Nice looking equipment.
Great photos, so glad you chose to share them with us. I'm a sucker for the nostalgic past on the midway, so these photos have me drooling. Again, big thanks!![:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
RRshow1 ...such wonderful memories ! and you have pics of the org.
wall of death ! that is soooo awsome ! I have not seen one of them in so long. Strates finally took it off the raod in 1978 . Johnny Silversmith (the indian) did the trick riding for them back then !
wow such awsome pics !
I have to laugh at Mr Ej in the boots I remember him in nothing but them damn wing tips shoes.[:D][8D]
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Just uploaded more to RRSHOW1 and RRSHOW2 Hope you like em
love the photos, especially bill brownings work, he's one of my favorite banner artists.[8D]
Great photos! I really enjoy seeing the old photos. I love carnival history, keep 'em coming! [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
That derby was built in custom Orlando Florida by a cabinetmaker, Bill Canavan. Other parts came from the original Santa Anita Derbies, made in Ca. We did a lot of modifications to the game in the lighting and signs and the stepping relays.

Jimmy D

James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
I guess i typed to soon!Wow that is one of chucks derbies!!I recognize the lexan with the horses screen printed on!My mom still has her derbie out in the field beside her house!!!
hey rrshow is that a chuck berkastrand water game by chance?My mom had a pinball derby that chuck made
Good to see someone posted the oldies photos, great to review.
UserPostedImage