Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Here's a storm report map. Seems like one of the worst tornadoes went through a town called Washington, IL (just to the east of Peoria, IL). There was also 4 inch hail in Bloomington.

storm report 11/17/13
Originally Posted by: Flying Coaster 

Yes the town of Gifford, IL is about 8 miles from me and is in shambles. Much help needed there.

Glad to know you're ok -- I heard Washington, Gifford, Pekin (not as severe as Washington, and down here by me, Brookport was hit hard -- there were also touchdowns in Indiana and within 4 miles of our house here in Madisonville - needless to say it was an intense afternoon!

Yes the town of Gifford, IL is about 8 miles from me and is in shambles. Much help needed there.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Starting in the wee hours of the morning yesterday, a series of weather events unfolded that created a level of damage and storm activity not seen in many years. At it's worst point, a continuous storm line stretched from Wisconsin all the way to Southern Missouri and brought with it reports of over 80 tornadoes throughout the afternoon. At one point, a line of active funnel clouds (over 15 of them) were on the ground between Chicago, Illinois and Paducah, Kentucky. Several towns in Central and Southern Illinois were almost completely leveled and demolished. Damage has been reported stretching east all the way to Pennsylvania and New York.

While most of these areas are 'out of season' for shows, several are WQ'd there, and many of these affected areas are home to our valued customers.

I wanted to take a moment to send thoughts and prayers to all those affected - both inside and outside this industry. Many of our members are from the midwest region, and we hope they are safe and sound.

Anyone wishing to help with donations or relief supplies should contact the American Red Cross in Illinois (so far, the hardest hit state) for information on where to send donations or help.