Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

RCS is such a hard show to compare to the rest since they only move a dozen or so times a year. They are very fortunate because of their unique schedule.

True also the jumps are only few hour drive between spots.

BeauceCarnavalMan
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Only one that RCS compares to is the Old Conklin!

RCS is such a hard show to compare to the rest since they only move a dozen or so times a year. They are very fortunate because of their unique schedule.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

I respectfully disagree that they are ahead of the competition. RCS, Wade, Powers, and many others blow them away.

Only one that RCS compares to is the Old Conklin!
BeauceCarnavalMan
Originally Posted by: chuck 

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, and any other big dates going on at the same time would limit availability.

Also believe Saskatoon too with most of the bigger stuff on the road at that time going to Toronto
BeauceCarnavalMan
I agree i think scheels has been a good customer for them..... I know it didnt go to the springfield store but wouldnt doubt that it has or will end up in a scheels store somewhere.......
Originally Posted by: Randy D. 

I will probably being throwing gas on the fire with this reply. However, in no way would I bash NAME and do believe they are a High Quality Show and have been as All Star/Astro have always been a quality professional operation. I think alot of people have made very valid points in this topic. Personally, I do believe NAME has alot of nice Spectaculars. Although, the Illinois State Fair rarely will get a Super Spectacular.

NAME plays alot of dates at the same time as the Illinois State Fair. The Canadian Unit has alot of bigger iron and Super Spectacular rides. The Indiana State Fair is one of the competing spots and does run 17 days compared to 10. Although, the Illinois State Fair does rank in attendance just above Indiana, I do not know what fair has the highest ride gross. Indiana State Fair also gets more spectacular rides and one would assume a longer run and higher ride gross would call for more Spectaculars.

Illinois State Fair now a days does a have smaller lot but there is still a little room that could be utilized in both of the two midway locations. NAME and Tinsley do bring in 50 very nice looking rides just not the real big super spectaculars. Personally, I would think that is what some customers would expect to see at a State Fair. Something a little more spectacular than they would find at a smaller County Fair or Celebration. Although, with wrist bands and mega passes being common place, not sure if the ride gross would be increased all that much.

I am sure NAME fullfills its contract with the Illinois State Fair very well and provides a great professional midway experience. Apparently, the Fair Manager and Fair Board are not requesting the Super Spectaculars and could be a little out of touch on the amusement side of the Fair operation. I would tend to believe that the Fair board would make sure they could accomadate some extra space if the provider wanted to bring in a coaster or big Spectacular ride. I am just not totally convinced it would increase the ride gross in the days of the arm bands.

I know this site is filled with owners, employees, and carnival enthusiasts and do tend to give more critical reviews of the Industry which they all love and enjoy. Then, when ride line ups are posted of the surrounding State Fairs, we do look at the Illinois State Fair as nothing very Spectacular in the Midway even though there is alot of very nice quality equipment and a great top notch operation.

It does appear they are somewhat out of touch with various aspects of the midway, on the website, on the rides and attractions page they still make mention of the Mega Drop and Turbo Force as being on the midway, when neither piece has been there for years.

All Skywheels should be yeller.
correct the one in town here was up before Adventure Village was shut down.
Originally Posted by: crny1 

Eli Bridge purchased the wheel to restore and change to hydraulic drive for Scheels. It was redone and installed in a store, just not sure what store it went too.

There is a Scheels store on the south side of Springfield, but I'm thinking it opened before Adventure Village shut down so I doubt that's where it went. Would have been appropriate though.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Eli Bridge purchased the wheel to restore and change to hydraulic drive for Scheels. It was redone and installed in a store, just not sure what store it went too.
I will probably being throwing gas on the fire with this reply. However, in no way would I bash NAME and do believe they are a High Quality Show and have been as All Star/Astro have always been a quality professional operation. I think alot of people have made very valid points in this topic. Personally, I do believe NAME has alot of nice Spectaculars. Although, the Illinois State Fair rarely will get a Super Spectacular.

NAME plays alot of dates at the same time as the Illinois State Fair. The Canadian Unit has alot of bigger iron and Super Spectacular rides. The Indiana State Fair is one of the competing spots and does run 17 days compared to 10. Although, the Illinois State Fair does rank in attendance just above Indiana, I do not know what fair has the highest ride gross. Indiana State Fair also gets more spectacular rides and one would assume a longer run and higher ride gross would call for more Spectaculars.

Illinois State Fair now a days does a have smaller lot but there is still a little room that could be utilized in both of the two midway locations. NAME and Tinsley do bring in 50 very nice looking rides just not the real big super spectaculars. Personally, I would think that is what some customers would expect to see at a State Fair. Something a little more spectacular than they would find at a smaller County Fair or Celebration. Although, with wrist bands and mega passes being common place, not sure if the ride gross would be increased all that much.

I am sure NAME fullfills its contract with the Illinois State Fair very well and provides a great professional midway experience. Apparently, the Fair Manager and Fair Board are not requesting the Super Spectaculars and could be a little out of touch on the amusement side of the Fair operation. I would tend to believe that the Fair board would make sure they could accomadate some extra space if the provider wanted to bring in a coaster or big Spectacular ride. I am just not totally convinced it would increase the ride gross in the days of the arm bands.

I know this site is filled with owners, employees, and carnival enthusiasts and do tend to give more critical reviews of the Industry which they all love and enjoy. Then, when ride line ups are posted of the surrounding State Fairs, we do look at the Illinois State Fair as nothing very Spectacular in the Midway even though there is alot of very nice quality equipment and a great top notch operation.