Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: WestCoastPat 

YOU MEAN THEY DON'T?

No as much as I wished they don't . The only problem I would have with carnies would be when they wanted to drop old classic multi-trailer states. LOL
YOU MEAN THEY DON'T?
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Some well thought out points and observations I have read today on this subject, from both sides of the table.

If only the rest of the nation could set down and talk like this and work through things how different of a nation we would be. While I will agree that sometimes each side might have to make a stand on something based on personal beliefs we get no where with "sensation" selling, and certain characters running around the nation trying to "sell" problems so they can profit.

And its funny, the rest of the nation (a lot, but not all) looks on carnies with a "bad" eye. Maybe carnies should run the nation.
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Zimmerman should have never gotten out of his truck. He probably shouldn't have followed him. If Zimmerman felt threatened he could have drove away. If Zimmerman didn't want a fight he could have drove away. He had choices and the the result of his choices has caused the death of Martin.

Picture yourself in Martin's shoes. Walking home with Skittles and an Ice Tea. A man is watching you. You go towards him to check him out. You get scared and run away. You think you lost him but he follows you. He gets out of his truck and comes towards you. Wouldn't you feel threatened and fight?

This is just my interpretation and opinion on what happened.

I might feel threatened, but why does it have to be a fight? You ask them what's the problem, and clear it up. I grew up on the road and have been profiled many times. It's no biggie, carnies have earned the image. Just talk to the one who is profiling and most of the time they come around. Really. If they don't you at least get to walk away.
I've been in Martins shoes many times, growing up poor in a rich neighborhood. Even now in my late 40's, I'm watched when I walk around my neighborhood late at night. The difference is that I never attacked the watchmen.

Zimmerman got out of his truck, because Martin was walking between the back yards where trucks can't drive.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Several points to ponder here. Most of it points to a media driven verdict of guilty.

1. Why does the media persist in using and old pic of Martin instead of a current one?
2. The media released Zimmerman's history but has been almost silent on Martin's.
3. Why was Martin's history not allowed in court?
4. Why is not repeated of Martin's unprovoked attack on a bus driver?
5. Why is it not noted of Martin having burglary tools and jewelry found as Martin's possessions?
6. What was the nation talking about? The IRS, Benghazi, the NSA or Martin?
7. Where is the reporting of innocent kids being killed in cities like Chicago?
8. Would we be talking about this if Martin knew Zimmerman had a firearm?

There is a problem and it spreads far from Martin to all races. The problem is the erosion of the family unit. How many kids are born to a mother not married or committed long term relationship with the dad in the home? The sad part is our govt not only condones this conduct but enables it. Need proof? What message is sent to young kids if the court allows a girl of any age to buy the morning after pill over the counter without parental approval? How about abortion on demand with no questions asked as to age or who the partner was? Then the reward of welfare and all that goes with it with no accountability, responsibility or stigma attached? That should be the conversation.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Yes, we do have a constitution and he did have his day in court. The prosecution did a poor job of convincing the jury. There still may a civil trial and Zimmerman's life has changed because of it.

At first, I didn't care and wasn't following the case. It wasn't until the jury decision was made that I looked into why people were getting so emotional for the case. The more I learned, the more I came disturbed about this case. I can understand why people are upset. It is a complex issue and I wouldn't be able to explain it here.

Zimmerman should have never gotten out of his truck. He probably shouldn't have followed him. If Zimmerman felt threatened he could have drove away. If Zimmerman didn't want a fight he could have drove away. He had choices and the the result of his choices has caused the death of Martin.

Picture yourself in Martin's shoes. Walking home with Skittles and an Ice Tea. A man is watching you. You go towards him to check him out. You get scared and run away. You think you lost him but he follows you. He gets out of his truck and comes towards you. Wouldn't you feel threatened and fight?

This is just my interpretation and opinion on what happened.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
I agree most of the time people don't change their minds. This time I did. I thought Zimmerman was wrong until I learned more. The mainstream media wants to make him guilty.

No, he didn't have to get out of his truck. But if there was a crime problem in the area, I would keep an eye on somebody I don't know. The kid should have gone about his business, not started a fight. It's that simple.

There are far too many people who wanted Zimmerman convicted of a crime without a trial, ie, in the court of public opinion. There are far too many people who will not accept the jury verdict and still want him convicted of something, anything. I look at it this way, the only two people that know exactly what happened at the beginning of their confrontation are Martin and Zimmerman; he was charged, went to trial in front of jury selected by both the defense and prosecution, and after all of the evidence and testimony, they made their verdict. From reading testimony, seeing what I could of the trial, I believe the prosecution failed to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the correct verdict was arrived at by the jury. I was never part of the crowd that wanted him convicted without a trial, and I am happy that we have the judicial system we have, and it works, either way the verdict could have gone.

He will never live a normal life, someone will always be 'out to get him' in some way. After the report was made today that he helped people whose car had crashed, those that wanted him convicted immediately started yelling it was 'fake' or 'staged.' Give it up already!

My question is this, to those that wanted him convicted without a trial, in the court of public opinion, why? We have a constitutionally protected judicial system, and he was charged, had a trial in front of a jury. Why does that bother so many people? Do they not care about our Constitutional rights? Heaven forbid something like this happens to them, a friend, or family member.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
He started a fight and lost.

I've hard no evidence that suggests it happened any way other than how Zimmerman claimed.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum