Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)

thanks Chris. did not know there were any others on the road in the USA
Originally Posted by: britt 

Robbie runs a good operation on that bobs. crew always calling the crowd in. noticed his hang ten is listed on used rides or maybe they are just using his pic.

Not his, I believe Jim is correct on whose it is.

Advertisement: http://www.usedrides.com/ViewAd.aspx?Ad=19597&view=i 

Robbies (Margate, FL last November):

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Believe the Hang Ten on UR is the former MBGS one. Think it was purchased and refurbished by Gopher State Expositions from Minnesota.
I don't think that's his Hang Ten, unless it's an older pic. That one has a different paint scheme and scenery style. I could be wrong though! Anyone have any info on this? I don't know of many Hang Tens traveling.

Robbie runs a good operation on that bobs. crew always calling the crowd in. noticed his hang ten is listed on used rides or maybe they are just using his pic.
Originally Posted by: skydiver77 

No, i'm not talking about those rail-like pieces like under the Sky Diver cars or Flying Bobs cars, but something else. They were ski decals that replicated actual skis like a snowmobile would have up front of it, or an actual sled / sleigh in the snow. When the Flying Bobs cars would "fly" up over the hills, you would see them underneath the cars. Tolve Presentations' Bobs had them in 1988 at the Mule Days carnival, and i think Strates' Bobs had them underneath their Bobs cars at the '91 NC State Fair back then. The replica skis decals were just an added feature to give the cars more realistic-feel to them, to give riders like they were riding real sled cars with a snow theme around the ride. Powers' topless Bobs does look good, but i'm sold on Hildebrand's Flying Bobs. lol [:o)] I mean, have you guys & gals seen Hildebrands' Bobs? Wow! Looks MINT! They must take really good care of it, and yes, it has the top to it.

It's actually Robbie Megerle's Flying Bobs. Saw it last November in Margate, Florida, it has been refurbished since the last time I saw it a few years ago.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
No, i'm not talking about those rail-like pieces like under the Sky Diver cars or Flying Bobs cars, but something else. They were ski decals that replicated actual skis like a snowmobile would have up front of it, or an actual sled / sleigh in the snow. When the Flying Bobs cars would "fly" up over the hills, you would see them underneath the cars. Tolve Presentations' Bobs had them in 1988 at the Mule Days carnival, and i think Strates' Bobs had them underneath their Bobs cars at the '91 NC State Fair back then. The replica skis decals were just an added feature to give the cars more realistic-feel to them, to give riders like they were riding real sled cars with a snow theme around the ride. Powers' topless Bobs does look good, but i'm sold on Hildebrand's Flying Bobs. lol [:o)] I mean, have you guys & gals seen Hildebrands' Bobs? Wow! Looks MINT! They must take really good care of it, and yes, it has the top to it.
i like the trailblazer pic! a old sobema himmy, those thing go real fast! wish there was more in united states
All those pics are reminding me of Beauce's old Music Fest
BeauceCarnavalMan
Power's Amusements (the real one) has a topless Chance Flying Bobs. It's designed to look simmilar to the British bob rides. I saw it at the Allentown PA fair ~5 years ago. I have several photos of it. If I knew how to upload them here I'd do it.