Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Thank you for the valuable info. I am thinking about a roof top machine myself, with a shute down to my ice bin. I think an Ice O Matic is my preference, as I own one mounted in my truck. Makes enough Ice for me to use, and to help a few others & sell a few bags each spot.
Gary C.
Originally Posted by: sausageseller 

Dan

It produces more ice because of the the plate pusher(?)(I don't know the term used for it).

It pushes the plate of ice off the grid mechanically , thus shortening harvest time.

It is called an Ice Assist. The motor connected to the rod is the ice assist motor.

Dan I know many that swear by Hoshizaki.

I have not seen a roof mounted unit yet.

I have binmounted units on wheels and in trucks,

I like my Iceomatic over my Manitowoc and Scotsmans.

It produces more ice because of the the plate pusher(?)(I don't know the term used for it).

It pushes the plate of ice off the grid mechanically , thus shortening harvest time.

I get many, many questions about whether to buy a new or used ice machine. Roof top mounting. . . things like that and I thought I would answer a few of the more popular questions here.

New or used? Start with a tricky one. I always tell people unless you know who had the ice machine to buy new. BUT BUT BUT please note that almost all of your warranty will be void if you use the ice machine in the outdoor amusement business. There are many ways that the company can void the warranty and they include is the machine in a permanent location? Protected from the weather? Mounting an ice machine in your stock truck will voind almost all the major warranties that I have read. Remember this.

So knowing this what machine should I buy? If you are looking for cheap you Ice O Matic will be the cheapest, reliability isn't all that bad plus this unit isn't heavily dependent on electronics. It is a mechanical over electrical unit. Bad side, many areas do not have any service companies that have ever worked on one. They are made in Denver CO and their phone support people WILL NOT work with end users. But this is true with most manufacturers. Manitowoc, heavily dependent upon electronics, but has the most complete national service network and as with most other manufacturers you can find service companies and service manuals online. Scottsman and Hoshi are the same.

Now you very rarely hear me say this but with the lack of warranty going to be given the best place these days to buy a new ice machine isn't from a dealer but from an online business. A much better price.

Water or air cooled. Depends on your location and the availability of water. And where are you mounting the machine. In a stock truck a water cooled unit is great if you have the water supply and can get rid of the water supply easily.

Roof mo9unts on trailers? I am liking these more and more because of how easy they are to mount and since the warranty question is out of play this becomes an even better option.

I hope this helps some foodies, if you have any other questions you can ask them here or PM me.