Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Chris that was the main reason I never finished it, just too big for my carnival. Having said that the traveling coaster that Wade moves is probably just as big. Definatley for big spots only!
I always thought it was a great looking model, especially if you were building an HO-scale amusement park layout (if I was this would be one model kit to have); but as far as for a traveling carnival layout, I have no desire for one. Too big, and doesn't fit in (to my layout anyways).
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
I had one about 12 years ago that I lost in a flood - never had any issues with it leaking - it ran pretty well. I agree with Rich, the drop of dish soap helped. It was kind of noisy from what I remember. I have another kit here now that I will get around to building one day. It's a great looking model.
I had one and never finished it. I sold it on ebay and it went for 100. I found that if you added a drop of dish soap it ran a lot better. Never had any issue with it leaking but I only ran it for a little while.

Rich
I had it a long time ago, but didn't build it just right. I never had it going. I want to get another one & get that one going. I'd probably do it up like Strates' Wild River flume ride. Just wanted to see how many here have it and does it give you any problems? I saw it run at a local hobby shop when Faller released it, and it looked pretty neat seeing those flume boats come splashing down from a hill, like the real thing. I won't get it though if it's alot of upkeep or makes a mess with the water leaking onto the floor, etc.. Just curious about it, if it makes a mess to keep running smoothly, or not.