Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
The last I knew, they still owned the wheel. When I went up to their shop, it was in there, couldn't see it because it was buried behind lots of odds and ends. They are a very impressive show, and are envied by other shows in the area. Employees are very friendly, and are plentiful. At least two people on every major. Bill mentioned the Sky Fighter. I've been told that their Hurricane has the original paint. Their cars don't scratch the deck as they are hoisted into position.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
I have a swing/rocket ride that was built by Hawkins Amusements. It is an older piece (not sure of the age) but still runs great.
Hawkins ride does have a wheel which they no longer use. I believe it was built in-house. They may also have another ride or two that stay in the barn. heir biggest spot is the Oswego Co. fair in Sandy Creek, NY in early July.
Hawkins equipment is in mint condition. Their 1954 or 56 Skyfighter is trailer mounted. When I first saw it in 1996 I thought it had just been mounted that year. The trailer looked that new. I was shocked when Pete Hawkins told me it was mounted in 1976!

Hawkins Rides will celebrate 50 years in business in 2004!

I'll post their route when it is announced in the spring. They post it on their ticket boxes and also offer wallet sized route cards.
They usually stay within 53 miles of Rome,NY.
Hawkins is a top notch outfit in my book. Great variety of rides, bulbs always lit, the equipment always looks clean and shiny. They really take pride in their equipment, and it shows.

Last I had heard, their route consists of playing firemen's field days, community events, etc. in central New York. They used to almost exclusively play field days.

No website that I am aware of at the present time. Jzrider's pics show a number of their pieces. Their lineup as of this summer (posted in July by Bill P):

Majestic Musik Express
Paratrooper
Hurricane
Scooter
Slide
Go Gator
Skyfighter
MGR
Kid Cars
Umbrella Cars (Hampton)
Train
Crazy Bus
Zamperla Helicopter

I also recall that they had a T/M Eli Wheel at one point, not sure if they still have it. They also used to have a Trabant, which was sold to Playland Amusements of Auburn, NY in 2002.

Hope this helps, Bossman![:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
about Hawkins Amusements out of NY State and Rhinehart(sp) Amusements that are out of the Pittsburg area, I think? Just want to know the equipment and areas both shows have. Thanks in advance, Boss.