Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Saved the best for last, Happy New Year!

SpaceWheels 07.jpg

Click to View Image38 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Another SW pic..
SpaceWheels 06.jpg

Click to View Image37 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

The ground mount I remember reading about I think was with maybe World of Mirth or someone else, I think it got blown over with tornado passing over at the Delaware state fair? But also saw black and white picture of it and the lights on the bull wheel are a lot different from the portable models. Now I want to say I saw one as a very young child, because of those lights, but I may be wrong if there was only one, may just be my old mind playing tricks on me.

Here's a pic of the one at the Long Beach Pike I rode as a kid....

Pike Skywheel.jpg

Click to View Image49 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I don't about one that was moved, the on at the Pike was permanent, and I assume it was scrapped when the Pike was shut down. I think they had a "don't rock the seats" sign on the front fence, with a newspaper clipping of a couple of people that fell out.

Another SW pic...

SpaceWheels 05.jpg

Click to View Image24 View(s)

The ground mount I remember reading about I think was with maybe World of Mirth or someone else, I think it got blown over with tornado passing over at the Delaware state fair? But also saw black and white picture of it and the lights on the bull wheel are a lot different from the portable models. Now I want to say I saw one as a very young child, because of those lights, but I may be wrong if there was only one, may just be my old mind playing tricks on me.
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

I would like to know more about the ground mount Sky Wheel that was moved around, not sure how many of those there were, but I bet that was a beast to set up and tear down.

I don't about one that was moved, the on at the Pike was permanent, and I assume it was scrapped when the Pike was shut down. I think they had a "don't rock the seats" sign on the front fence, with a newspaper clipping of a couple of people that fell out.

Another SW pic...
SpaceWheels 05.jpg

Click to View Image24 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Yeah, they did a great job. I love the design of the tubs....
The had a ground mounted Velare wheel at the Long Beach Pike back in the day.

SpaceWheels 04.jpg

Click to View Image27 View(s)

I would like to know more about the ground mount Sky Wheel that was moved around, not sure how many of those there were, but I bet that was a beast to set up and tear down.
Yeah, they did a great job. I love the design of the tubs....
The had a ground mounted Velare wheel at the Long Beach Pike back in the day.

SpaceWheels 04.jpg

Click to View Image27 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Yes, beautiful Wheels indeed, cannot believe they came to our little ole town considering the history of this great ride and all the places its been. But was glad to see it in person at least twice, with the labor shortage I wonder when it will come out again.
SpaceWheels 03.jpg

Click to View Image44 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?
Another

image011 - Copy.jpg

Click to View Image47 View(s)

Ride the Zipper?