Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Not much, but you can opt out of paying it by discontinuing your phone service. In order to opt out of a tax, you have to die or go to jail.

You complained about incomplete truths, so I gave you more information.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Originally Posted by: Bowler Roller 

The tax payers are not paying for those phones. The telecom companies (or rather their customers) are.

Does that make it any better? A tax or government mandated user fees still takes money out of my pocket. It just makes the politicians look good because they didn't raise or create any new taxes.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
The tax payers are not paying for those phones. The telecom companies (or rather their customers) are.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Yes, it is poisonous when you don't spread the entire story. The fact is the program was not created by Obama. It was a program that was created almost 30 years ago under a Republican president and then modernized to include cell phones because land lines are a thing of a past. Yes, it was government program that is probably full of fraud and waste. However, the poisonous kool-aide is the one that makes it look like it is entirely Obama's fault. Like everything, the reason we have the problems today is because over the last over the last 50+ years (my opinion), the government has grown to protect corporate America. I don't know the facts, but I would be interested in knowing if trac-phone (and all cell carriers) or their executives contribute to any political parties or candidates.
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Who is Oblame-A?

The Lifeline program that you speak of was first started for land line phones in 1984 (Republican president and Senate, Democrat house). The program was expanded in 1996 (Democratic president-Republican congress). The first "free" cell phones were in the early 2000 during a republican president and a democrat congress.

Also, the program does not give away cell phones. However when you sign up for the discounted service, many companies give a free basic cell phone.

Don't be spreading the poisonous kool aide.

"Poisonous" to point out another government program under Obama has gone full on with waste, FRAUD and abuse?

Quote:

Whereas many providers pass on the Lifeline subsidy as a $9 discount, TracFone makes the phones and their service plans entirely free and goes door-to-door offering them to consumers. Providers have not always made clear that the phones are part of a government program with specific eligibility requirements, the FCC says.

http://www.washingtontim...ephone-pr/#ixzz2P7QvbznG 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Trac phone dominates the program.

Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

Don't forget about all the free Cell Phones provided by Oblame-A. Keeps the drug money and hookers flowing!

Who is Oblame-A?

The Lifeline program that you speak of was first started for land line phones in 1984 (Republican president and Senate, Democrat house). The program was expanded in 1996 (Democratic president-Republican congress). The first "free" cell phones were in the early 2000 during a republican president and a democrat congress.

Also, the program does not give away cell phones. However when you sign up for the discounted service, many companies give a free basic cell phone.

Don't be spreading the poisonous kool aide.
Originally Posted by: sausageseller 

Highest crime and financially troubled areas are controlled by leftists.

And from this thread posts some just keep drinking the koolaide.[dunno]

Don't forget about all the free Cell Phones provided by Oblame-A. Keeps the drug money and hookers flowing!

Geewizz66
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Ask the city of Detroit, Michigan if they're better off. (I live in a suburb of Detroit.) They are getting an emergency financial manager, and the next step will be bankruptcy. Whoops....

Highest crime and financially troubled areas are controlled by leftists.

And from this thread posts some just keep drinking the koolaide.[dunno]

Obama and the dummycrats have succeeded in getting the masses to believe everything is free because the rich can pay for it. We have blown billions on battery research and now BHO wants to spend billions more. The answer is in drilling and natural gas, Seems Diane Frankenstein with her 6th grade education can't comprehend oil + gas = jobs which is revenue. Is her son Al Frankenstein from MN?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked