Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: skydiver77 

Don't forget the Boomerang, it's been brought up a few times here on the website before. It was on Strates' midway back in the early 90's one year and i never saw it again. The Boomerang's carts would go to a turntable & then the operator would release the carts at the right time to go through a colored tunnel of lights & then the carts would return back to the loading station. I'm just describing it for those that don't remember that ride & those that do, just refreshing your memory. I myself never rode it, wish i had've though, as i heard it's sitting in weeds at Wisdom's scrap ride yard. ✌

Yeah but don't forget the Boomerang was quite popular many years ago in both parks and carnivals. There were many around, some called the "Waltzer" or some just "Boomerang". The Wisdom verson was a remake that unfortunately just didn't catch on.

Yep thats a good one skydiver77 forgot about that one.
Don't forget the Boomerang, it's been brought up a few times here on the website before. It was on Strates' midway back in the early 90's one year and i never saw it again. The Boomerang's carts would go to a turntable & then the operator would release the carts at the right time to go through a colored tunnel of lights & then the carts would return back to the loading station. I'm just describing it for those that don't remember that ride & those that do, just refreshing your memory. I myself never rode it, wish i had've though, as i heard it's sitting in weeds at Wisdom's scrap ride yard. ✌
Was the Amor Express bought back in the Late 70s early 80s? I remember seeing a himalaya themed Midnight express at the Sandwich Fair back then. That is when a tri star was also on the lot!
Thanks everyone for replies and correct name for Reithoffers Scrambler in the dark. I love hearing about these old rides and what happened with them. I am guessing that Steve sold that Amor Express, it was painted up nice, lot of colors like a chance Music Fest.
RE THE KICK BOOTIE... WAS TOLD BECAUSE WAS DESIGNED FOR RIDERS TO PUSH/KICK EACH OTHER...STATE INSPECTORS DQ'D IT..AND ITS SUPPOSIDLY SITTING NEAR SONORA KY..GEORGE STAGAKES (SPELLING MAY BE WRONG) BUILT IT HIMSELF.BUT ITS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN OR SO YEARS..RAN ON PROPANE
Amor Express was owned by Steve Thebault (Astro Amusements). He bought it brand new from the factory.
Yeah, Kick Boodie seemed to be basically a copy of a swing ride that's prevalent in Italy and Spain to this day. There's video of those things out there and on top of that, there's a "brass ring" element added where riders are supposed to grab a piece of fabric for a free ride or something like that.

It's been mentioned here before but the "Kick Boodie" was a swing type ride. The guy who owned it towed it with and lived on a big bus that always sat behind the ride. Riders would essentially reach out and hook up during the ride cylce with the swing in front of them and when the ride op would yell out KICK BOOODDDIEEE on the sound system the back rider would thrust the rider in front of them by kicking the swing with their feet and pushing off, sending the kicked rider out way high and dropping the kicker way low. Honestly, it looked pretty darn dangerous. This was like mid 1980s and the ride traveled with Snyder and Metts a lot.
Reithoffer Scrambler under canvas.....KALIDESCOPE