Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I saw a Musical Chairs ride this year with the seats turned to face out rather than facing ion the direction of rotation. Anybody else seen that?
We had a Watkins Swinger on our show and sometimes the seats would turn all the around and then back if someone moved their body around some, but i think i know what you are talking about secret squirrel.
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Do any of you know that when "Blink" first conceived the ride, it was to be on a turn table and spin around! How about that!

I've heard those kinds of things about many rides -- there was a rumor going around that the original design of the Watkins Swingers was to have the seats be able to turn around, and the ride run in two directions. I don't know how true that is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true --

I know when I first saw a picture of the space wheels when I was kid I didn't know then that it was two sky wheels side by side. In the picture one unit was in the up right position (loading), the other was coming down just at the half point and I thought it was one unit had four wheels. Now wouldn't that be something? I was kid, and soon find out later how it really was. But neat to hear some of this information on here about the sky wheels.
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Do any of you know that when "Blink" first conceived the ride, it was to be on a turn table and spin around! How about that!

I've seen that drawing, pretty wild.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Originally Posted by: coasterkeener 

Somewhere I have an old Chance catalog that showed a drawing of their proposed updated Sky Wheel. I believe it had side by side trailers that were connected. There was a scissor tower on each trailer. Hopefully I can find it.

That would be great, I'd enjoy seeing that.

Somewhere I have an old Chance catalog that showed a drawing of their proposed updated Sky Wheel. I believe it had side by side trailers that were connected. There was a scissor tower on each trailer. Hopefully I can find it.
I had heard that Chance had drawn up plans for a single trailer, hydraulic drive Skywheel with scissor lift towers similar to a Diver. I'd very much love to see those drawings to see how they proposed putting that much structure on one trailer.
Ok, thanks guys, i had just wondered about that but didn't think about the momentum.