Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
For joints that's a long slow fair.

It adds up over the course of the fair, but always its so hot and you have to grind all day in it.
"Hit the last two and finish it up for the large."
We had 72' lineups at the front one year didn't pay either
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Yeah I'm sure they had to move the midway out of Happy Hollow for practical and economic reasons, but I've never seen a sight like that anywhere else when the midway was placed there and one would look down at it from the surrounding areas. It was almost surreal, especially at night. But as we all know, the aesthetics don't pay the bills....
Totally agree with you Rockowheel. I remember the big iron at the Fair. This years lineup is not bad just could use a few bigger spectaculars. Illinois always conflicts with some of the other surrounding State Fairs and those State Capitals are in heavy populated Cities. Illinois just must not get the ride gross the other States take in. Still, a very nice fair and the attendance is still good for being down State.
Thanks for posting the lineup! Looks like a nice midway although I'm afraid I'm a bit "spoiled" having been fortunate enough to experience some great shows that played there in the past, like Olson, or later on Link, when they were still in the Happy Hollow spot.
Was at the Illinois State Fair today and didnt take any pics but do have a complete ride line up. Every ride looked great as usual just wish the fair had a few bigger pieces. NAME always looks good and so does Tinsley. Looks like some of the State Fair Adventure Land Rides have been sold. Here is the list of the old Adventure land rides:

1 Umbrella Boats
2 Umbrella Combination
3 Ferris Wheel
5 4 Funny Bunny
6 Helicopter
7 Jungle Of Fun
8 Merry Go Round
9 Spider
10 Tilt A Whirl
11 Train- Cp Huntington
12 Yoyo
13 State Fair Slide
14 Sky Glider (cable cars)

This year Adventure Land Rides: Tinsley Amusements

1 Zumur
2 Pharoahs Fury
3 Scooter
4 Scrambler
5 Tilt a whirl
6 Umbrella Combination
7 Up Up and Away
8 Berry Go Round
9 Spider
10 Dragon Wagon
11 Umbrella Motorcyles
12 Mini Jet
13 Mardi Gras Fun House
14 Eli Ferris Wheel
15 Merry Go Round
16 Helicoters
17 Euro Bungie
18 State Fair Slide
19 Train- Cp Huntington
20 Sky Glider (Cable Cars)

Main Midway Area: NAME, Tinsley, and Casper

1 Century Wheel
2 Mardi Gras
3 Crystal Castle Glass House
4 Scooter
5 Tornado
6 Wave Swinger
7 Tilt a Whirl
8 Round Up
9 Pharoahs Fury
10 Avalanche
11 Sizzler
12 Himalaya
13 Ring of Fire
14 Orbiter
15 Starship 3000
16 Freak Out
17 Rainbow
18 Carousel
19 Dragon Wagon
20 Jumpin Jumbos
21 Rainbow Rock
22 Construction Zone
23 Umbrella Boats
24 Mini Eli Wheel
25 Wacky Worm Coaster
26 Circus Train
27 Mini Himalaya
28 Moser Kiddie Drop Tower
29 Peter and Paul
30 Euro Bungie
31 Umbrella Dune Buggies
32 Speedway
33 Wiggle Wurm
34 Safari Rescue
35 Fun Slide
36 Laser Tag

My top two favorites: Adult - Rainbow Kiddie - Mini Himalaya (even had a canvas top over the ride)

Originally Posted by: aba 

Went to the fair last night. Tinsleys has about 14 rides setup most in the adventure Village. The only new ride on the main midway is the wisdom Avalanche ride.

Who's Avalanche? Luehrs?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
I just spoke with Cody Casper 5 minutes ago and he told me he's got his Wave Swinger in there.
Went to the fair last night. Tinsleys has about 14 rides setup most in the adventure Village. The only new ride on the main midway is the wisdom Avalanche ride.
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Its probley the same equipment. I like NAME, but when they play the SC state fair they bring the same equipment every year. I know shows can't buy new rides every year, but they have a lot of stuff. Would love to see some switching around of equipment each year. They did book in the Space Roller one year which was great see down here though. However, I miss all those big Conklin pieces like the Doppel, G-Force, SnoBall Express, etc. At least they still move the Polar and I heard they bought a new coaster.

http://www.facebook.com/...;type=3&l=142fd37e39 
BeauceCarnavalMan