Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I got a chance to hit the Twin Falls County Fair in Filer ID the weekend of Labor Day. Mighty Thomas Shows looked great. They had 25 rides there and 3 food stands and plenty of games also. Local paper said fair mgr said attendance was up for the 1st time in yrs.

Here is what left on the fairgrounds of Inland Empire Shows.

1 Hollingsworth Rok N Roll funhouse like the one in the movie Grease. Was told it my be one and the same idk for sure though never asked Reed Williams about it.

1 shop semi trailer van

1 Merry Go Round the big one three Abreast style

1 Glass House

All other show pieces have been sold and no semis from Inland where anywhere either so they where sold also or move into Twin Falls ID to have decaels and things taken off of them.

Still hard to believe that this show is gone and Royal West Amusements is down to about 10 rides or less now. Great shows at one time. Igot the chance to play baby sitter for The Wizzard when he repainted the Rok N Rol from 50s and 60s theame to the 70s theame. That was about mid 90s.

Follow me on facebook. www.facebook.com/Nascarracefan1888 
You being stupid and lazy doesn't mean I should do your work.
lol Chief! He really did get a divorce.
Tell Andrew I said hi too!
joan u dint tell me u knew todd!!!! and hes telling u hes single because he wants to get u in bed!!! lol just who he is. he might still have a show if he kept his eye on the show and not pudussy!!! not knocking just saying.
p.s. andrews with me on spring break says hi.

love ya
chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
So, I asked him and he said he still has Royal, but just one unit. And apparently he's single now.
Originally Posted by: WestCoastPat 

If we got anyone reading here that is in Vegas, could you go by the lot and maybe get some pics. I don't know why graveyard pics are enjoyable-kinda like an ending-but I would appreciate it.

LMAO - I will see if I can find the address and PM it too you. Carnival graveyards.........

A few years ago I had a painter with me and we were running parts here in Phoenix, I pulled into a closed up swap meet and their was a bunch of carnival equipment parked there. The painter guy asked me "is this where carnival rides come to die??" - just as serious as he could. I laughed and told him that the scary part about that statement was that those rides were actually used that fall. That carnival is now out of business.

I've got a lot of older equipment but it's like anything else. Take care of them, paint them up and keep them lit and they will last for a long time. Do you think that Sellner, Eyerly Aircraft, Hrubetz, Mulligan, Watkins or any of those older manufacturing companies ever thought that those rides would still be operational 40 - 50 years later?? Those companies built a solid machine - too good in fact, I think that is why most of those Mfg are out of business. Selling parts pays the weekly bills but building new rides is what pays for all of the research and development for newer more modern rides. It will be interesting to see if these European Mfg rides last as long. Not meaning any disrespect at all towards them.

Geewizz66
If we got anyone reading here that is in Vegas, could you go by the lot and maybe get some pics. I don't know why graveyard pics are enjoyable-kinda like an ending-but I would appreciate it.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
i still csnt believe i drove ove 2000 miles with my equipment to go move his show. when i got their i said wow look at this this guy has everything put on a nice show. then i met his kookie wife and knew i wad in trouble. its a shame it was a nice package !!!
chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
Originally Posted by: joan 

Reviving a dead thread...but Todd Keenan is posting ads looking for help for a "15 ride show". Same show? Or did he start something new? Or what?

He can't revive his ass. What he has left has been sitting in a lot in Las Vegas, I understand that all of the lead lines are gone, aluminum fencing is gone and anything else that can be taken and sold for scrap.

No spots left, no credibility, good luck........

Geewizz66
Thanks