Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Yes Leland Johnson and his wife actually lived across from me when I was a child on upward road the rides were kept in the barn he let me come over anytime I didn't have to ask and play on some rides that were retired when he died the place was sold thats all I know
I remember that a certain Sky Wheel came to Greenville for a number of years, what stood out to me was that it had a green and white color job (seats green and white as well), and the lights were green and white. The last time I saw it was in 1986, that was also the last time a Sky Wheel was at the USCSF until Crown brought one back for a few years in the 90s. In 87 Deggeller had the contract, but most of the equipment was from Hardin, with a few rides from Deggeller, including the Huss 1001 Nights. Harden had bought a sky wheel though I think, because one showed up later in the week, but they could never get it set up.
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

PGAM had an old orange colored AH SkyWheel parked at their WQ in NY in the fall of 1990. In spring of 1991 they totally rebuilt it and had it out with their show starting in May 1991.

Sounds like a different one, the Arco one I worked on was Yellow. It had one distinct difference in that the hydraulic pump/reservoir was located at the base of the tower, and the hydraulic levers were mounted on the tower stub. If PGAM's came from Arco I'm wondering if Arco had two different ones. Isn't the PGAM one now with Smokey Mountain Amusements?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
PGAM had an old orange colored AH SkyWheel parked at their WQ in NY in the fall of 1990. In spring of 1991 they totally rebuilt it and had it out with their show starting in May 1991.
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Did any of the Lampkin equipment end up with Arco Shows, perhaps a later Lampkin operation? I think the Sky Wheel PGAM got back in 90 or 91 came from Arco Shows.

Arco filled a spot here for Link in 87 & 88 and in 88 brought in their Skywheel which I helped tear down. It ran well but had some serious cosmetic neglect and really low bub count. Then in 89 Link took back the spot and Forest Walz' Skywheel was with Link until the Walz' retired after the 1990 season, taking their Skywheel, Flying Bobs, and Loop-O-Plane with them. In 1991, That Arco Skywheel showed back up with Link. It was in fairly rough shape and they were working on it, rebuilding the cargo box sides and some hydraulic work during the season as time allowed. Question is did it belong to PGAM at that time and was just booked in with Link Carnival? I never did hear if Rod had bought it or just scrambled to book it in. Anybody know? Also does anyone know of its whereabouts now? I know Tom Persinger must have been having a * fit because the next spot was the Illinois State Fair and the ride didn't look very spiffy, compared to Forest's Skywheel which was in really nice shape.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Was it Arco as well that had the Viking Pirate Shipe, and Polyp back in the 80s? Somebody had it and booked with Deggeller at the Upper SC State Fair with those two pieces in 86.
Did any of the Lampkin equipment end up with Arco Shows, perhaps a later Lampkin operation? I think the Sky Wheel PGAM got back in 90 or 91 came from Arco Shows.
Thanks pegasus2127, I thought it looked Greenville. I do remember now that L. Johnson sold some of his rides and route to Childress Shows, forgot about that and I worked for them (Childress). Interesting info on the Frontier Land rides.
I don't know what happened to the rides at Frontier Land but i know most if not all were owned by Little Richard Thomas and they came from his World of Mirth Shows.
Those pic were taken in Greenville S.C. at the fairgrounds. Also I believe Leland Johnson sold some if not all his rides to Childress Shows. I think that is right.