Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

I apologize, I had a weak moment yesterday and took the bait. I don't come to MCW for this, I come here to get away from stuff like this.

I have my political beliefs, shared by millions of people, and you have yours, also shared by millions of people. There are really "smart" people on both sides, and there are really "dumb" people on both sides.

This kind of inconsideration for anything that doesn't fit exactly what "you" (no one specifically targeted here) stand for is what has gotten us to this point in this country, and is what really jeopardizes real progress being made for our most serious problems. Usually the answer lies somewhere in between, and right now there is clearly a lack of compromise and what has replaced it is genuine hostility. As long as that is the case, I have serious concerns for the future of this country, no matter who is elected.

YES SIR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, But your Political Buddy put us, our grandkids, great grandkids and every other American in the ROYAL CRAPPER with the stimulus's, now Obamacare (I don't give a damn if it's a racist comment or not) Oh and now a dick punch by saying that all of us who own businesses were given to us. Just like that quarter under our pillow when we lost a tooth. Keep your political beliefs and move to Europe - after all that's what the big O wants anyway - to be more like Europe! I've compromised as much as I can, and I've got no change left to give. THAT'S what I'm hostile about! Term limits for both sides, toss out the Environmental people. Build refineries and pump up - frack out - all of the oil that we can. Wyoming, the Dakota's and Eastern Montana - it's working, unemployment less than 3.5%! Get dependent on Americans, Feed Americans, Employee Americans (or at least the ones that will work). What do you think that those towel heads will feed their children if we no longer buy oil??!! It's a pretty damned simple plan. ALL politicians need to grow a pair and pull the trigger!

Geewizz66
But at least then it's the companies decision.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Each union is slightly different, but having worked for unions, I know for a fact that seniority almost always counts more than merit when it comes to layoffs, promotions, or anything else. They don't care about the company or the worker. They don't care about anything but the dues.
Unions do protect their good workers but also protect their losers. You need to follow the union rules. Don't follow the rules and you get written up. My brother in law had a flood at his house (just touched the first floor) and had to call off work. The union negotiated rule was you couldn't call off unless you are sick with a doctor's note. No exceptions. He got written up and the boss pulled him aside and told him he had no choice. As soon as the company doesn't follow the rules, that is grounds for a grievance by another employee. If next week somebody has a damp basement floor, uses as an excuse, and calls off to go fishing, he also has to get written up. He can't come back and say you didn't write up Bill for water in his basement, why are you targeting me?

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Tre

If you and a few friends willing to invest your good idea and decided to start a company making Rimsters what would be you motivation and where would your obligation be?

In case you didn't know, in a union shop you can't reward an employee who excels nor can you hold back a poor employee. When it comes time to lay off you may be forced to let go the good employee and keep the sorry employee. So don't put it all on management.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Indirectly, it is your money. It drives costs up and I am not convinced that they bring that much to our economics.

What CEOs and other executives make is none of my business, unless they're paid with my money. They're not.

The only reason companies employees have work at all is to bring the executives and stockholders profit. That's the only reason that any business exists. They're not greedy for wanting profit. Employees, unions and governments are greedy for trying to take more than their due away from them.

Quote:

Leave (vacation pay, sick time, personal time, flex time, etc.) is included in the overall cost of doing bussiness. It is in place to encourage people to take time off from work to relax, recover from a sickness, or deal with personal issues. It is needed to balance personal life and work. If places did not offer these bennifits, productivity would actually go down.

If the company wants to give me a bonus every year, that's up to them, but I'll never feel I'm owed pay for days I didn't work. I've been offered paid vacations, but I never take the time off. Those things are offered in order to keep employees from going to a different company. Nothing more.

Originally Posted by: Bowler Roller 

Nobody is overpaid, unless they're paid with my money.

Indirectly, it is your money. It drives costs up and I am not convinced that they bring that much to our economics.

Originally Posted by: Bowler Roller 

Personally, I've never been paid for a day I didn't work. I've never even asked for it. WTF is so special about me that I deserve to be paid for something I didn't do?

Leave (vacation pay, sick time, personal time, flex time, etc.) is included in the overall cost of doing bussiness. It is in place to encourage people to take time off from work to relax, recover from a sickness, or deal with personal issues. It is needed to balance personal life and work. If places did not offer these bennifits, productivity would actually go down.
Nobody is overpaid, unless they're paid with my money. Everyone else is paid exactly what they're worth. The value of anything is defined as what someone is willing to pay.

Personally, I've never been paid for a day I didn't work. I've never even asked for it. WTF is so special about me that I deserve to be paid for something I didn't do?
Most company presidents, CEO's, etc. do get paid way more than what they are worth. I am sure it is a very chalenging job with the weight of the entire company on your back. They should get paid more but is their pay exessive?

Sending jobs oversees is another topic entirerly. I am against free trade and we need to have a better system to preserve jobs here.
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Has no bearing on the stunts these corps pull. Back in 2008/2009 when they were laying people off left and right, they were still giving excecs millions in bonuses. So what they did is fire people at the expense of the higher ups profits and bonuses. So if everything was so bad, and they were hurting, why were those bonuses being paid still? Couldnt those higher ups gone with out a bonus and have that money used to keep employees?
trey

I could pay much more and keep less for myself. Why would I? I'm out here to make money. If people will push a button cheap, why pay top dollar? If somebody is willing to take some of the thinking off my back, they get more. Drones are common. Leaders are scarce.

Let those who say I couldn't have done it without them go out and do it for themselves.