Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
A short election season would be more comfortable for everyone.

But the candidates don't deserve to be comfortable.

The stress and attention they endure allows the dross to rise and be scooped off. What's left isn't as pure as we'd prefer, but it's better than what we start with in the beginning of the race every 4 years...

We could be complaining about President John Edwards right now(!) Instead, he was caught out and is fighting the Justice Department from a different vantage today.

Blake
I'm an advocate for each party having all their primaries on the same day. Living in Michigan, we never have a voice. Four years ago we changed our primary date in order to be heard, so the Dems decided not to count our votes at all, and the other guys only counted half of them.

How anyone in Michigan could ever vote for either party again is beyond me.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
The three primary days would be better than what we have now. I don't see why it can't be just one day 6 months before the general election.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
The whole system needs a change. I'd have no problem with 3 primary days, Feb, Mar and Apr with 1/3 of the votes on each day. Then rotate each third. Two other changes to consider, all money received to be tied to the donor and tax those contributions at a high rate.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Not that we get any say on the presidential race.

I really think all primaries need to be on the same day. Top vote getter in each party is the presidential candidate. Number 2 is the VP candidate.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.