Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
The Ex on the same lot makes cash and has never filed taxes. I don't see the point of getting a court order for the support. What, so they can put him in jail when he doesn't pay? How does that benefit anybody? It's not as if they can garnish his wages...

The $10/hr ex works hard, and has tried to help out over the years, but I just can't take his money from him (our daughter is now 19, so it's moot anyways at this point, but I never could). I make money. The baby was always taken care of and I didn't need his money. He, on the other hand, needed his money to survive. Believe me, 40 hrs at $10 doesn't leave you with much money, living in Chicago...

I've almost always paid for my own insurance, but there were a couple years that I couldn't. I feel like healthcare should be accessible to everyone anyways, so I'll just leave it at that.
Originally Posted by: joan 

Yeah, really.
My oldest daughter's father has never been in a position to pay child support. The poor guy has been making $10 an hour or less (and I mean MUCH less sometimes-when she was a baby in 93, he made $5/hr) and trying to keep his own head above water for years...I never pursued child support, and never expected it. Sometimes it was all he could do to find bus fare to visit her once a month or so. I got state insurance for my daughter for a couple years and now the state is going after him and acting like he's a criminal. It's ridiculous.
On the other hand, my ex husband is a total deadbeat. He works on the same midway as me and I can't even get him to pay the babysitter every other week without a huge scene. He's not on paper as owing, but he sucks..I understand not having it during the winter, but hello? we're open. it comes to $160 each a month and I've been paying the whole $320.
So owing child support AS DETERMINED BY THE STATE doesn't make you a deadbeat...being a deadbeat makes you a deadbeat...

That's funny. How many $10 an hour jobs does he have? Anybody willing to work can find work, and you know it. State insurance means other people are paying for his kid's insurance. Whatever happened to if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em?

Why aren't you going after the ex on the same lot?
Yeah, really.
My oldest daughter's father has never been in a position to pay child support. The poor guy has been making $10 an hour or less (and I mean MUCH less sometimes-when she was a baby in 93, he made $5/hr) and trying to keep his own head above water for years...I never pursued child support, and never expected it. Sometimes it was all he could do to find bus fare to visit her once a month or so. I got state insurance for my daughter for a couple years and now the state is going after him and acting like he's a criminal. It's ridiculous.
On the other hand, my ex husband is a total deadbeat. He works on the same midway as me and I can't even get him to pay the babysitter every other week without a huge scene. He's not on paper as owing, but he sucks..I understand not having it during the winter, but hello? we're open. it comes to $160 each a month and I've been paying the whole $320.
So owing child support AS DETERMINED BY THE STATE doesn't make you a deadbeat...being a deadbeat makes you a deadbeat...
Originally Posted by: Bowler Roller 

Not everyone who owes child support is a deadbeat.

Really?

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Every adult citizen, not in jail, deserves to vote. Not everyone who owes child support is a deadbeat.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum

You've obviously never read my posts. It's no reason to disenfranchise a person.

I have read them. It should disenfranchise someone. I'm glad they are strict on deadbeat parents nowadays.
You've obviously never read my posts. It's no reason to disenfranchise a person.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum

I haven't needed to show a valid picture ID since I've had my CDL: about 8-10 years. If I need to rent a motel room, for example, an expired ID has always worked for me.

While on the road, I never had an ID. The only job for which I've ever had to show ID was a driving job.

Many people fear to get an ID because they're afraid they'll be arrested for unpaid tickets, unpaid child support, or whatever other minor crap they have hanging over their heads.

So you think unpaid child support is minor crap. Typical liberal.
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

I am not sure they all say it is a myth. I don't think it is as widespread as some Republicans want to make us think. It does happen. Has it changed the outcome of any recent election? That can be debated until the cows come home and only God knows.

When I saw "VOTER FRAUD IN FLORIDA", my mind when to the whole mess in 2000.

Photo ID will tell you how much fraud is going on... As will E-verify. You have to have SS and if the data doesn't match its jail time. Absentee Ballots are a big problem as well.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
I am not sure they all say it is a myth. I don't think it is as widespread as some Republicans want to make us think. It does happen. Has it changed the outcome of any recent election? That can be debated until the cows come home and only God knows.

When I saw "VOTER FRAUD IN FLORIDA", my mind when to the whole mess in 2000.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.