Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Hey Ted and Everyone,

I just got home in Minnesota (Very COOOLD!). First, I have to say thank you,I really feel honored when I here everybody talking about my operations. Like Ted said we got the first Alpine of only 10 that are out there. I have been operating that Bobs since 1995 and when the Himalaya Was the BEE BOP EXPRESS. I like to get the $$ (I'm not CHEAP,LOL) so, I use the Bobs as a center. Loading from both side the action is in front and back (which we don't have a back it's always front). Well my brothers calling. He's in Jackson getting the Twister ready for Miami. Goto go, Again Thank You,

The Bobs was purchased in 1995 and their Flying Bobs was traded in for it. They have to coolest crew on the bobs at this fair, everyone is dancin on the platforms with whistles callin people up to ride. Its always packed with huge lines which makes sense for the two loading platforms. Shuper will expand on this when hes around, this is his ride!
Thanks Ron,

I shoot with a digital but I will try and mimick what you have done the next time I shoot at night...I know its hard to recreate film with digital but I'll see what these settings can do for me. But great shots.

Thanks,
Fetch
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

To answer Back 40, the Alpine Bobs is the newest version of the ride from Chance. I'm not sure what year, but Farrow bought it new I would guess around 95 or 96. If Shuper sees this, he can probably provide details.

To answer Fetch, the camera I used was a Minolta X-700 35 mm camera. Night shots were taken at 1/60 sec with a 50 mm lens set at 1.7 or a 28 mm lens set at 2.5 (wide-open for both lenses). The flash used was a Minolta 118X. Daytime shots were taken at 1/125 sec. For daytime I always overexpose at least 1 full f-stop over what is required to provide better color quality. The daytime pics I took at the Indiana State Fair were taken with an overcast sky and could have been better. The pics were scanned in at 72 or 100 dpi depending on the size I was looking for and processed in Photoshop before uploading to the server.
Ron can you give me some insight on the camera you used and the settings that you went with. those night shots were great. I would love to know how you shot them.

Fetch
awsome pics ron ! So I would say that the Alpine Bobs is the newest version of the bob's? to me it looks like they took diff parts from all the bobs to make this one.The tubs like the thunderbolt the inside scenery is like the old bobs and new cornace lights are way different then anything I ever seen. the cornaces look more like they should be on a carosel. But it really is a nice piece.
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Nice job, looks like a brochure.
All fine pics of a very fine show.

Quote:

quote:

I believe they set the loading steps up like this to speed up getting people on the ride. This crew was really getting it. One of the best crews I've seen working a music ride in years. They had everybodys ticket before the last ride was finished, when the ride was done, it was like a fire drill getting the people on and off. It was a ticket only night and at $3 a rider, they were making some $$. Maybe if Shuper sees this he can shed some insight.

That is the method I used on my Reverchon Skooter (take tickets early), I timed a stop cycle and reload and start up of 10 seconds. I believe I outgrossed a himalaya on one occassion with that method.
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Skywheelrider
Ride Supervisor
USA
2137 Posts
Posted - 11/29/2003 : 01:06:34 AM

Very interesting way to load the Alpine Bobs, that is a first (that I know of anyways).

I believe they set the loading steps up like this to speed up getting people on the ride. This crew was really getting it. One of the best crews I've seen working a music ride in years. They had everybodys ticket before the last ride was finished, when the ride was done, it was like a fire drill getting the people on and off. It was a ticket only night and at $3 a rider, they were making some $$. Maybe if Shuper sees this he can shed some insight.
Great photos Ron. Very interesting way to load the Alpine Bobs, that is a first (that I know of anyways). [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain