Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

North Carolina must be the exception

NORTH Carolina
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

For a while I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed that fact... Take a Skywheel to Michigan, Minnessotta ect ect up north and it gins. Take it south to Texas, Alabama, Georgia and the worst being Florida and it's like WTF. They just don't ride it.

North Carolina must be the exception
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

Maybe it just suffers from Highrides in the South syndrome.

For a while I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed that fact... Take a Skywheel to Michigan, Minnessotta ect ect up north and it gins. Take it south to Texas, Alabama, Georgia and the worst being Florida and it's like WTF. They just don't ride it.
Maybe it just suffers from Highrides in the South syndrome.
Johnston's Carnival of Fun had (or still has) one. I believe they acquired it in around 2002 and it sat for a few years due to licensing issues here in California. When they finally were able to use it they set it up at one spot in Southern Ca and never used it again from what I heard. I was looking forward to riding it as I thought it was like a Sky Wheel. Oh, well, maybe another one will turn up out here some day, but I won't hold my breath..
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net
I ran one for short periods (giving breaks),and helped tear down the tail end one time my last year out (82).I did not like running it for the simple fact that it seemed awful wobbly or shaky.I guess I never cared for running high rides..I ran a Hurricane for years and that is by no means considered a high ride,but I aways made sure that sucker was balanced perfect before running it..I guess I was more paranoid than the average ride jock....jeff
the one he posted is our old one. it served its purpose as a place holder til we got our gondola wheel.
Put LED's on a Diver and you'll have a spectacular light show.
Makes me wonder how a Rampage would look with LED's.

I personally like the ride, easy to move, tall, great light tower. that kind of a piece would do good things for a small-medium sized show like we both have. who really cares if it gets any tickets, in today's carnival world its all about selling armbands and bringing em to the lot. plus with the "sky wheel" signage it might actually book you a few spots. The Reed's had some hydraulic trouble with theirs, but that could be any piece if not maintained properly.(im sure youre super loop could be the same) also like you said its not a piece you see very often and marketed right that in itself can help. "One of only x amount of these in the entire USA, coming to your county fair" etc.. A very wise man in this industry once told me "you can never have enough high rides" I say go for it, and good luck!!!
Led it and u would have. A great light tower. I love the look and ride but its a blank
ChiefunJi
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"