Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I really didn't pay attention. Sorry. [ninja]
Horses && Carnivals. <3
Originally Posted by: Future_carnie 

Iowa is huge, we play that spot (Belle City)...The whole grounds isn't rides, but there are lots of buildings all over the entire grounds.

Oh, and...2011 was my first year there, but the Midway was Belle City and only one other show booked in rides...

There is a separate midway that they called the "thrill zone" or something like that, way on the other side of the grounds, that had a crazy mouse, a ride called the skyscraper (like a HUGE turbo force), and some other rides, maybe like 10 total.

I kinda thought there wasn't many rides for a state fair with that large of a fairgrounds..

WHOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm, either. [hammer2]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Iowa is huge, we play that spot (Belle City)...The whole grounds isn't rides, but there are lots of buildings all over the entire grounds.

What about the Florida Strawberry Festival? (Belle City, also.) I feel like it's as big, or bigger than Iowa..

Oh, and...2011 was my first year there, but the Midway was Belle City and only one other show booked in rides...

There is a separate midway that they called the "thrill zone" or something like that, way on the other side of the grounds, that had a crazy mouse, a ride called the skyscraper (like a HUGE turbo force), and some other rides, maybe like 10 total.

I kinda thought there wasn't many rides for a state fair with that large of a fairgrounds..
Horses && Carnivals. <3
Originally Posted by: The Dude 

Wow......I wouldnt mind taking a stroll thru that lot!

[banghead] [banghead2 [doh]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Wow......I wouldnt mind taking a stroll thru that lot!
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Iowa state fair is over 445 acres.

Originally Posted by: The Dude 

Wow thats a big one alright!!

Rides on the whole thing?

Um, yeah, over 200, ten shows bring in equipment. [shifty] [whistling

Erik9976 wrote:

Iowa state fair is over 445 acres.

Wow thats a big one alright!!

Rides on the whole thing?
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I'm surprised Syracuse isn't on the list.

According to their website, the grounds are 375 acres, with 110 buildings, and 24,000 parking spaces.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
I'm surprised Syracuse isn't on the list.
Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: bowtie 

Scott you have to come visit the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, it really is an impressive lot. 2 mansions (Governor's & Mayor's) in the middle of the grounds, and it has its own bank and post office, a 1 mile race track with a 18,ooo seat grandstand, 12 lakes and a prison boot camp in the back. Camping hookups for over 1000 units.

[shocked]