Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Someone cover one tub in black and lay a wreath in one tub for our friend Pinetar
what about the 1 trailer hi-lite wheel. i really like that wheel
Chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
How does the Fabbri Giant Wheel compare to the Expo Wheel in regards to height and capacity?
I think Strates' wheel is 108' (33m) high.
Ride the Zipper?
Yes, that is the one; manufactured by Fabbri. Are they taller and have more capacity than the Expo Wheel? Thank you for the information.
Then there are the Dutch Wheels that Strates, Reithoffer and RCS have, 24 tubs, 4-6 passengers each,approx 100' diameter.
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

I am not sure of the manufacturer. The Giant Wheel I am referring to is the one that Jolly Shows out of Maryland has. There is a picture of it on their web site. Thank you.

Oh that's a Fabbri Gondola Wheel. Bluegrass Shows had one as well, and there is a show out west that has one, and Bruce Turpin (sp?) has/had one. It's 20 meters (66 feet) tall, 16 tubs, 64 passengers. Not listed under Fabbri anymore, it is on the Technical Park website though.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
I am not sure of the manufacturer. The Giant Wheel I am referring to is the one that Jolly Shows out of Maryland has. There is a picture of it on their web site. Thank you.
Chance Giant Wheel is 20 tubs at 4 to 6 people per tub

Chance Century Wheel is 15 tubs at, as Matt said, 4 per tub

So seating cap is quite different
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Thank you Matt for that very quick reply. Is the Century Wheel and the Giant Wheel the same thing? Thank you.

By "Giant Wheel" do you mean the Chance version? If so, it's taller than the Century Wheel, at around ninety feet. Century Wheel, I believe without looking, is around sixty eight feet or so. A Mulligan Gondola Wheel (two trailer version) is eighty feet in height.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain