Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
No, I don't remember that ride at all - Skater.

I'm kind of glad for the swapping too as All Star (NAME) got the Power Surge from Farrow awhile back, and someone (must be them) got the Pharaoh's Fury. IL has a ton of them around anyway. Who needs another one? I think Astro (NAME) got your Sizzler though.

Now, IL has no Spin Outs. You have to go to Wisconsin State Fair to ride it with Murphy Brothers.
Originally Posted by: aba 

Wave Swinger was there. New Ride was a Rainbow. NO Spinout. Also there was no Kamakzie type rides there this year. Other than that pretty much the same line up as last year. Also no hurricane ride from American Banner Amusements.

NAME swapped the Spinout and Rainbow this season, as we got the Spinout at CNE, and Rainbow was not present. I hope they do more of that type of thing in future with swapping some rides every couple of seasons. Also, the Skater was a big deal last year at the CNE, but it was not there this year. Was that in Illinois??
UserPostedImage

Justin
Astro (NAME) goes there. And the rides they have are Tornado, Freak Out, Starship (and Gravitron, but probably wouldn't bring both), Century Wheel, Pharaoh's Fury, Sizzler, Orbiter (with Typhoon Bolts), Ring of Fire, Himilaya, Tilt-A-Whirl, Rainbow (which is a 1001 Nachts basically), and Scooters.

Plus, don't they have permament rides like a Spider, Yo-Yo??
Wave Swinger was there. New Ride was a Rainbow. NO Spinout. Also there was no Kamakzie type rides there this year. Other than that pretty much the same line up as last year. Also no hurricane ride from American Banner Amusements.
Randy, not sure about Casper's Wave Swinger, but the Nemesis 360 was not there because it conflicts with the show owned Freak Out.

Flying Coaster - great old pictures! Happy Hollow was before my time, but its interesting to read about.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Dang, that wheel is lit right down to the stub-towers!

Yeah Forrest kept his wheel in nice shape for sure, he was very meticulous.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Dang, that wheel is lit right down to the stub-towers!
Ride the Zipper?
Originally Posted by: Rockowheel 

I do remember well, when the midway was placed away from the Happy Hollow spot; more near the grandstand, right? It seemed so weird and smaller then compared to Happy Hollow, and if I remember right, they had a few duplicate rides and what stuck out in my mind was two Roll-o-planes. Then the midway was put back into Happy Hollow.
I alos remember a small independant midway with just a few rides away from the main midway by the name of Hackett Amusements. There was a Paratrooper and Loop-o-plane and just a few others placed there.

That particular year, yes there were lots of duplicates. I remember 2 roundups, 2 Zippers, along with the Seattle wheel being there and a Fly-O-Plane too.

I do remember well, when the midway was placed away from the Happy Hollow spot; more near the grandstand, right? It seemed so weird and smaller then compared to Happy Hollow, and if I remember right, they had a few duplicate rides and what stuck out in my mind was two Roll-o-planes. Then the midway was put back into Happy Hollow.
I alos remember a small independant midway with just a few rides away from the main midway by the name of Hackett Amusements. There was a Paratrooper and Loop-o-plane and just a few others placed there.
Do either of you guys remember back in 1974 (pretty sure it was 74) when the midway was just inside the fence on the east side of the fairgrounds, kind of east/northeast of its current location? Not sure why the midway was not in the hollow that year, but the Seattle wheel was there (just called Giant Wheel at the time). I've heard from another member who was there that year, with Deggeller. Drew had just gotten it and was honoring some dates for the previous owner.