Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
I like trains to Daniel.
Thanks so know i see three locamotives im surprised there not using four because its such so long because ive seen long trains with four locamotives and two in back.gOING THOUGH THE cohogne pass if you want o see large trains there youll see them but i think strates might be longer but not shore.I like trains there cool .

daniel
To the best of my knowledge, Strates does not travel with their own train engines (locomotives). I'm pretty sure that they contract with the freight railroad(s) that they must travel over to move them. When they come into and leave Danbury, CT, they are moved by the Housatonic Railroad. (see pictures at http://housatonicnet.com/hrr/photo/strchase1.htm )

Parts of the train are moved from the nearest siding/yard to an unloading point depending on the location. In Danbury, the cars are parked at the back of the mall on what is essentially a dead end line for the Housatonic RR (connects to a seldom used Metro North line). At the NY State Fair in Syracuse, they have their own side track off the mainline at the back of the fairgrounds, so the train is right there. The employees can walk to the LQ cars at both locations. As back40 said, the train crew is around the LQ cars, wherever they are parked.

Good questions, Daniel.[8D] Hope these answers help.[:D][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
So there are four or two train engiens? Beacuse if they break them up do they leave some Or do hook up another engien to the secind peace that they broke apart do you under stand what im saying. WHEN THEY break the cars does some one stay with them or leave them like the other cargo trains do hear in CA.

daniel

Trailer loads for the Strates Top Spin:

1. center (base, towers and arms)
2. auxillary (doghouse, feet, outriggers, platforms, 3 counterweights and water tanks)
3. tub load (trailer doubles as part of the loading platform)
4. scenery (28' van trailer)
5. Power plant (32' custom built)
6. computer container (10', rides on back of an extended semi tractor)
A special tractor is used for the center load since it is so heavy. That tractor carries three of the counterweights and the two round Top Spin signs.
I think the special tractor, power plant and a crane were purchased from Government surplus. I know before the crane was painted it had a plaque saying "Department of the Navy".
Quote:

quote:

Posted - 11/22/2003 : 12:13:11 PM by Tornado

Bishops Soriani & Moser Top Spin does NOT do diagonal inversions... It has a beam that runs from one arm to the other just like the Huss Top Spin does.

Thanks, Matt. It seems that every one of these rides that Soriani & Moser, and now Zamperla, has put out is different from the rest. It's hard for me to keep them straight when the only one I see on a regular basis (if you can call it that) is Reithoffer's, hence the question on the diagonals.[:D]

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
If i rember when i saw the trucks being lodaed back on when it broke there was three trucks the main witch i belive had the arms and a seperate car that had some scenry and the large tub with its arms ans another truck for scnery and the dog house.

daniel
Bishops Soriani & Moser Top Spin does NOT do diagonal inversions... It has a beam that runs from one arm to the other just like the Huss Top Spin does.
daniel, chris is on the money about the train, One train several engines to pull it, that is what you may be thinking of. the flats are broke down and seperated to unload and the sleeping cars are placed in designated off track area. The sleeping cars are for the crew, but there is also one for Mr. Strates his personal car, and one lock down car plus the gen. There is a train crew that stays with the train all day, they maintain the gen. keep a watchful eyes for any visitors lurking around. and a cleaning crew. I can email you pics of the train from the 70's but I am having problems getting my webshots pics posted to the boards. If you would like some older pics to look at I would be glad to email them to you... PM me
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Strates has only one train, from their website (http://www.strates.com/train.htm ): "The brightly colored train is over one mile long and consists of 50 flat cars, 10 sleeping cars and a generator car."

They have repainted the flat cars recently, so you may have seen photos from before and after. Also, at some of the fairs they play, they have to break up the train for unloading and parking the train cars.

Strates' Top Spin was manufactured by Huss. The one that Bishop has was manufactured by Soriani & Moser. Both rides have the same basic principle, but there are differences from one manufacturer to the other (not sure, but does Bishop's have the folding arm(s) to do diagonal inversions?). One big difference is that the Huss model is not road legal (overweight and overlength).