Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
McDonagh's Amusements took delivery of the Eclipse in mid-August, right before the Minnesota State Fair. It played there and the Texas State Fair and that was it. Not sure how often in 2004 (and beyond) they will have it out. The Sky Wheel they rebuilt was originally only going to play select spots but according to Matt McDonagh it will be set up whereever they can fit it (they play some rather cramped lots in the Spring). My guess is they will do the same with the Eclipse, as well as book it at major fairs like Minnesota and Texas. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SDS Mike

lance, he is correct, mcdonaghs had it for the 2003 summer, for a few spots anyway, and it went to iaapa to be displayed....besides what big fairs going on now? ...

Did not mean to dispute that it was, in fact, McDonagh's ride. Just stating that he might not be showcasing the ride in hopes that other shows will pick one up.

UserPostedImage

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bairbros

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

there is a fabbri eclipse (contact) at iappa right now, i think it's mcdonagh's but mabye he's just showing it off so other people might want to buy it if they are intrested

If you owned a european spectacular, and were the only one in the country to have one, therefore giving you the ability to book it into large independant fairs, would you be "showing it off so other people might want to buy it"?

lance, he is correct, mcdonaghs had it for the 2003 summer, for a few spots anyway, and it went to iaapa to be displayed....besides what big fairs going on now? ...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

there is a fabbri eclipse (contact) at iappa right now, i think it's mcdonagh's but mabye he's just showing it off so other people might want to buy it if they are intrested

If you owned a european spectacular, and were the only one in the country to have one, therefore giving you the ability to book it into large independant fairs, would you be "showing it off so other people might want to buy it"?

UserPostedImage

The Disc'o wasn't that great of a thrill. I think it would have been neat to have a Chaos type tub on it; they would have to face the other way and change the speed a little to get more action.

As far as them putting the disc on a Nitro... I was surprised there wasn't a Nitro at IAAPA. I saw pictures of Murphy's and it had tore the support rack ( for when the tower legs lower and attach to the trailer for transport) away from the trailer base. It had nothing to do with running the ride but it was pretty messed up looking, much more to repair it then just welding.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Why do you think Fiesta will buy one? Do you have information from reliable sources or are you just guessing/hoping??

As for Freak Out vs. Disco....yep...I'd agree SDS...I'd take a Freak Out over the Disco if for no other reason the fact that it's a HIGH ride.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bryan

Whats the price tag on the DISCO?

495,000....hmmm freak out ...or disko?...i'd take the freak out...

disko gives a boring ride, didnt like it to much,

thumbs up on the tilt cars..although i wouldnt buy em

eclipse is the ride snowman talked about ...

all and all the show was cool...and the last night me,matt,ryan and scott all went out and had a good ole time in orlando.....

i'm glad that zamperla brought their disk'o to iappa in florida this year, i think fiesta shows in new hampshire will buy it very soon, when that happens, i'm sure zamperla will recive a ton of orders for this ride next year, one more thing, is that discovery with the giant frisbee type disc there, just curious, cause i'm sure a few parks woul'nt mind buying it cause it looks cheeper and easier to maintain than the huss and mondial versions, i wonder if zamperla could add that disc on nitro and make that piece a trailer model, i'm sure a lot of shows would like that. just a thought.
Whats the price tag on the DISCO?