Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Tar, that photo looks like it could jave been taken at the Champagne County Fair in Urbana. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

That the one with lights made out of bowling alley gutters ?

Yes, vertical strips between panels. Everything from Roadway was always new, sometimes damaged.
UserPostedImage
Originally Posted by: RRSHOW1 

I remember the Himalaya well. I was head electrician on Million Dollar Midway that year. I especially liked the aluminum backwall & the Basketball window!

Oh, you were the guy running around with the co2 fire extinguisher cooling the circuit breakers?
LOL Actually, I saw that technique used on the Million $ in 77.

The wall components and backboard all came from Roadway Express. I sometimes went there 4 times a week. I had no idea what the backwall material was. It was framed, perhaps aircraft parts. The sheeting turned out to be a 3mm pvc core/aluminum with skin both sides, sold today for the sign industry.

What did you think of the light package?

UserPostedImage
That the one with lights made out of bowling alley gutters ?
I remember the Himalaya well. I was head electrician on Million Dollar Midway that year. I especially liked the aluminum backwall & the Basketball window!
UserPostedImage

Pic was taken 29 years ago, 1982. Most of the office and himalaya next to it had many components from Roadway Express Trucking salvage, from their outlet in Akron, Ohio.

The 2 heavy curved alum extrusions are ribs from alum. dump trucks. The steps are bleacher seats. I grabbed much in aluminum from there. Even the side door came from Roadway.

Sold to Bob Childress.

This is at a spot I would have played, right about now. I can tell from the humidity in the air. Sort of like Post Traumatic Syndrome.
UserPostedImage