Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Autodesk has a fun, cheap drawing program for lot layout, iPhone, iPad, or puter.
Sketchpad pro, do a free trial and post your midway layout.

Show us where u would spot the Turbo, the hyd. Merry Mixer.

UserPostedImage
Originally Posted by: massachusettsman 

do you think programs like these will be used to help layout lots in the future

Probably not these programs at least yet.

I often thought with some of the gps survey equipment and CAD (computer aided drafting) why can't show lay out lots beforehand. What a great marketing tool for a carnival.

Just think of a couple scenarios where it can be a great benefit.

Let's say a show is after a spot, they can submit a midway plan to show the spot what rides they are going to bring in and where.

Another though was to lay out the lot before a spot, let the sponsor review the layout and approve it before truck 1 rolls onto the lot. No more trying to move things around when somebody doesn't want blank at a certain location. It may actually be required by spots and maybe even the code officials in the future.

Now back to your ideas, it may in the future you want to show what the fair will be like with your midway in it. Just think of it, give your potential spot a generated walk down your midway at their fair! They are doing it with my industry. Architects are building 3d computer models to show our clients what it would be like in their building. Still a long way to go but the technology is getting there.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

maybe
since the so called lotmen on todays major shows dont know how to step it off anymore
another lost art from the past
[pos2]
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage

No, these files are for 3d design and animation. $3500 for the software with an annual subscription
Fee of $500 for upgrades. If you miss a renewal the fee is $1750
UserPostedImage
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

Not a package but individual files. You need your own software
To use them.

http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/ 

Of course an Autodesk product. I wonder if you can 3d print these files.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Originally Posted by: jay 

Hi Kris, Those are 3-D Drawings. You have to have a 3-D drawing file reader that they sell to see them in 3-D. They where probable created for some one to use in a concept drawing that would be in 3-D. Hope this answers your question.

thanks mr jessop when do the carnival so i can c my Tomato 🙂
Not a package but individual files. You need your own software
To use them.

http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/ 
UserPostedImage
Looks like there individual grapfic packages that a 3D deisgner can use if they were to create an amusement park for a client.