Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: circusguy 

Be sure and watch the parade. The Gibtown Club float will be there. If you haven't seen it, be sure and do so. It is nice.

I was watching the parade,but kind of daydreaming,not really paying attention to which float was which when I glanced up and noticed a couple ferris wheel seats with stuffed animals in them...Sure enough---IISA--Very cool float--I walked along for a block or so checking it out..

We got there early,about 10 am..set up our parade watching spot right across from the lot...Bought wristbands for wife and 2 daughters..

Nice amount of rides...Tight lot as always,and they had rides across the street also..Carol Stream does a great job IMO...Good mix of rides...

Took turns going back and forth between the park with bands on stage and the carnival...Went home at 9pm..long day,lots of fun...I don't care much for the boat parade next saturday,but I will probably stop down again one evening during the week......jeff
Opening day. Some carnial joints set up down the street at the craft show. They might win alittle money. Rent is cheap enough. Show wants big rent.
They'll miss us when we're gone!
And to give equal time to the detractors and naysayers who feel that the Chasco Fiesta gives a negative stereotype of Native americans,and exploits them the following link give their side

http://suncoastpasco.tbo...otest-chasco-fiest/news/ 

Funny thing is the many many stands set up selling Indian jewelry,and other fine quality merchandise,by Native Americans..They sure don't seem to have a problem with the theme of the fiesta...

Every year some nut job throws themself in front of a parade float to protest the indignity of it all... LOL----With all the real insanity happening in the world ,I can't help but chuckle about what some people feel is the most important thing.I know we all have our priorities,but some off the wall stuff goes down in front of famillies with kids trying to watch a parade.

jeff
http://www.tampabay.com/...ere-to-sims-park/1157952 

New article in this ams paper---Picture of someone stocking pink panthers in joint.....jeff
Originally Posted by: cny_chris 

Click on "My Profile" in the lower menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on "Edit Profile" on the left side of the screen. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way, and there's a box for selecting the time zone, pick the right one, then click "Save" at the bottom of the page. That should fix it.

Done---For some reason I was on Bombay,Calcutta,New Delhi time...I wondered why I was feeling so tired all the time!!![;)]

I don't recall picking a time zone when I first joined up,so somehow I got assigned that one..At any rate it is fixed(I hope)---Thanks cny chris!! Also secret squirrell cuz that is the same instructions he gave me once before ,but I procrastinated..

Back to original topic---2 days till parade day--Looking forward to it muchly..Weather should be splendid as it usually is this time of year..Uncle buck check your pms...jeff

Originally Posted by: uncle_buck 

Pintar,I am friends with him. I will be there. A yard note in advance is my fee

My budget is a small bag of floss. Times r bad and you probably have trouble taking close- ups. Daniel said he would do it for cheap. Sorry.

UserPostedImage
JustJeff wrote:

p.s.- it is presently 8:30 am Eastern time...the time that has been showing on on my threads lately has been way off...secret squirrell told me once how to correct this but I can't find the thread with the info..Can anyone tell me how to fix this?? thanks ---jeff

Click on "My Profile" in the lower menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on "Edit Profile" on the left side of the screen. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way, and there's a box for selecting the time zone, pick the right one, then click "Save" at the bottom of the page. That should fix it.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Pintar,I am friends with him. I will be there. A yard note in advance is my fee
They'll miss us when we're gone!
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

Jeff, get a pic of w2wla and his barely 18 posse

Don't know the man,Pinetar,but if I meet him between now and saturday and if he gives me permission,well then I would be happy to!

I doubt that will happen however and being as how I am not real big on pictures,I think you are out of luck on this one..

All that being said however if there is anything else I can do for you,please don't hesitate to ask..

My cell phone takes crappy pictures,but a nice digital camera is next on my purchase list,so I will attempt taking and sharing pictures in the near future.

Have a nice day everyone...

p.s.- it is presently 8:30 am Eastern time...the time that has been showing on on my threads lately has been way off...secret squirrell told me once how to correct this but I can't find the thread with the info..Can anyone tell me how to fix this?? thanks ---jeff
Be sure and watch the parade. The Gibtown Club float will be there. If you haven't seen it, be sure and do so. It is nice.