Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: RainbowBen 

Last year in April / May time frame, there was some small show there at the old Wal-Mart parking lot. Not sure who it was, but they had these rides : Hi Roller, Ring of Fire, Zipper, Round Up, the new Viper (Cobra), 1001 Nachts, and some kiddies. I can't remember the show's name though.

Sounds like degellar
Speaking of Michael's Amusements, i remember when they sat up at the old Wal-Mart parking lot there in Dunn, NC (1995). That was back when that Wal-Mart was still going strong, before they built that new one between Dunn & Erwin. Anyway, that's the year i saw my first ever Loop-o-Plane in person. They had it set up near the highway and across from the Pizza Hut. Luckily, i got to ride it finally last year & rode it quite a bit. It'd be awesome if it made it to Dunn area. I'm with alot of you on the parking lot carnivals, No mud to deal with, unlike a grassy area. I know of a grassy area where Smokey Mtn. Amusements has sat up in the past over there in Garner, NC off of highway 70. When it rains, boy, that mud is nasty. 😞 Last year in April / May time frame, there was some small show there at the old Wal-Mart parking lot. Not sure who it was, but they had these rides : Hi Roller, Ring of Fire, Zipper, Round Up, the new Viper (Cobra), 1001 Nachts, and some kiddies. I can't remember the show's name though.
give me a parking lot anyday
i am all done with those big fairs
in the bigger cities we set up on vacant lots anywhere you can squeeze a show in
IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME

with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Played a parking lot or two with Crown in Atlanta and vicinity back in the day.......
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

What show if I may ask? also any spots near the GTA if so, wouldnt mind checking you guys out.

Im with Classic Amusements. Our first spot is just north of Barrie. Then head east. Check our site out for upcoming events. We dont do any malls n the GTA.

Chris

Chris "Bazookie"
Ontario, Canada
“We will make electricity so cheap that only the rich will burn candles.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Originally Posted by: adrianduarte 

Here in Atlanta, aside from the Gwinnett County Fair (AoA), Shrine Circus (Myers) and North Georgia State Fair (Drew), we only see parking lot carnivals. The shows mentioned above are way outside Atlanta's city limits though. The Guthries dominate this area like the Atlanta Fair currently at Turner Field. BTW this year they have rides booked in from CVS and Dixieland. They are also set up in a parking lot in Morrow right now. We get occasional visitors, all of which set up at malls and discount store parking lots, a few weeks ago Big Rock was in Stockbridge, Modern Midways was in Stone Mountain last year at the same time NAME was down the street at Stonecrest Mall. Carol Stream played a mall in douglasville last year also. NAME will be back next month. Over the past decade I've seen J&J, McNair and Murphy Brothers in lots around here also. I guess depending on the area parking lots are more lucrative especially since there's not really competitive bid campaigns involved.

Wade used to play malls around Atlanta, too, for a few years. Sounds like a real carnival friendly area.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Here in Atlanta, aside from the Gwinnett County Fair (AoA), Shrine Circus (Myers) and North Georgia State Fair (Drew), we only see parking lot carnivals. The shows mentioned above are way outside Atlanta's city limits though. The Guthries dominate this area like the Atlanta Fair currently at Turner Field. BTW this year they have rides booked in from CVS and Dixieland. They are also set up in a parking lot in Morrow right now. We get occasional visitors, all of which set up at malls and discount store parking lots, a few weeks ago Big Rock was in Stockbridge, Modern Midways was in Stone Mountain last year at the same time NAME was down the street at Stonecrest Mall. Carol Stream played a mall in douglasville last year also. NAME will be back next month. Over the past decade I've seen J&J, McNair and Murphy Brothers in lots around here also. I guess depending on the area parking lots are more lucrative especially since there's not really competitive bid campaigns involved.
America's Got Talent 2011 Contestant #6******.
Originally Posted by: BAZOOKIE 

We got 10 weeks of spring mall dates. Luckily almost all of them have a following, otherwise it wouldnt be worth opening. First spot is a festival but can be hit or miss (April 15) sometimes snow, sometimes rain, sometimes sun.

Chris

What show if I may ask? also any spots near the GTA if so, wouldnt mind checking you guys out.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Yup -It is Smokey Mtn in Columbia witha nice little line up. And strangely Dutch Square Mall is doing the advertising on the radio and even listing a partl ride line up. Interesting!!
Where was Inners in Cola SC?