Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: FartingCarni 

Local meteorologists I've talked to, and some of the national guys keep using 1956 as a year to compare this weather pattern to. In 1956 we had multiple large tornado outbreaks in Michigan, including an EF5 tornado that travelled from Lake Michigan, just north of Saugatuck all the way across Grand Rapids, and into Montcalm county. Also had some decent snow storms in March and April.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/...60403/vriesland_trufant/ 

Oh yes, the weather guys on television always mention that the largest snowstorm in Detroit history happened in late April. That's always something to look forward to. [worry]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Local meteorologists I've talked to, and some of the national guys keep using 1956 as a year to compare this weather pattern to. In 1956 we had multiple large tornado outbreaks in Michigan, including an EF5 tornado that travelled from Lake Michigan, just north of Saugatuck all the way across Grand Rapids, and into Montcalm county. Also had some decent snow storms in March and April.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/...60403/vriesland_trufant/ 
Originally Posted by: FartingCarni 

Could be even more interesting weather by this weekend. One forecast model I look at, puts 3" of precipitation over the Ohio Valley, and 2" of mixed precipitation over parts of Michigan. Probably won't be as bad in Michigan if some big storms fire over Kentucky and Tennesse, they tend to suck up a lot of the moisture.

Well I hope the weather is nice this weekend, especially on Sunday, it's my nephew's birthday party that day. March has actually been quiet so far, cold, but quiet, at least here in Michigan. You know what that usually means for the end of the month, as the saying goes. [thud]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
My sister was scheduled to fly down here (Tampa Bay area) from Albany N.Y. on friday 2-25,but could not because of the bad weather...She got rescheduled to leave sunday 2-27 instead and arrived safe and sound..

It was not a major thing in her case ,she simply added two days to the end of her trip and juggled her vacation a little,but the poor buggers who get stranded in a strange city are the ones I feel for....jeff
Could be even more interesting weather by this weekend. One forecast model I look at, puts 3" of precipitation over the Ohio Valley, and 2" of mixed precipitation over parts of Michigan. Probably won't be as bad in Michigan if some big storms fire over Kentucky and Tennesse, they tend to suck up a lot of the moisture.
[ditto] yeah it was not fun hearing the siren at 1 am this morning here in south central indiana.
Never underestimate the power of Stupid people in a large group.
Good luck guys, seeing some interesting damage reports coming out of them areas.
So far, weve received 2 1/2 inches of rain today, with tornado warnings west and south of us. We are under severe t.storm warning for the next hour. Hope our power doesnt go out. Hate it when my farmville crops wither...lol
Oddly enough, I'm going up north to Charlevoix Mi where there is nowhere near as much snow as the Detroit area.

We went 3 days with no mail, because the city wouldn't plow our streets. That's never happened in the 35 years I've lived here though we've had more snowfall.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Just waiting for more snow up here in Michigan. Calling for 6-8 inches it of overnight by noon tomorrow, on top of the ten we got last Sunday, and the inch we got last night. Ugh. [wacko]

Expecting some rain here and we need it. glad it is not that WHITE stuff. lol [clap2] 68 degrees today and expecting the same or better for the weekend. time for some carnivals to start playing some still spots.