Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ohio State is lucky that the suspensions didn't take effect before the bowl game. I am not saying I agree or disagree with the suspensions here but I feel they should have taken effect immediately.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Yep, a win is a win, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. They played well, made some mistakes, too, just as Arkansas made mistakes but played well. It just wasn't meant to be for them, I guess.

As for Rich Rod, NOW it's official. LOL

http://www.myfoxdetroit....gans-head-football-coach 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

And the Buckeyes pulled it out over Arkansas, but good gravy, did they have to almost blow it like that? All he had to do was pick up the blocked punt and run right into the end zone, thankfully he just fell on it instead! [ohnoes] What a time for Mallett to throw a pick! [thankyou]

OMG! Did we blow it or what. The Buckeyes should have bought some MEGA Millions tickets, LOL. We blew several opportunites. If we had kicked a field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th down and passing (what the hell was Petrino thinking), we could have kicked a field goal to win it at the end. Our receivers had butter fingers last night. Several dropped passes for TD's and a setup for a possible TD on our first possession of the game. We definitely LOST that one. If I was a Ohio State fan I would be very humble over that win. I know, a win is stil a win and I agree, but that one was a gift.
And it appears the hammer has come down on Rich Rod....

http://www.myfoxdetroit....gans-head-football-coach 

Of course now reports are that nothing has been finalized yet, Michigan says some folks jumped the gun, they have not fired him (YET, of course....LOL).

And the Buckeyes pulled it out over Arkansas, but good gravy, did they have to almost blow it like that? All he had to do was pick up the blocked punt and run right into the end zone, thankfully he just fell on it instead! [ohnoes] What a time for Mallett to throw a pick! [thankyou]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

...what sucks even worse is that three of five losses were to SEC teams; as if SEC fans aren't arrogant and conceited enough....

Dang Chris...tell how you really feel. LOL.

Maybe I am a little biased (Razorback fan), but the SEC is an extremely physical conference. The SEC has ruled in bowl matchups this year and we'll have to wait and see how Arkansas, Auburn, and LSU do this week.
As was mentioned , its up to Ohio State now. I dont really have a "favorite" college team anymore, other than Colorado. But my "root for" teams are Indiana,Ohio State,Penn State and Kentucky/Louisville. Yeah yeah I know........

Anyway, lookin for Ohio State to save the big 10's face for them, and Oregon to put the S.E.C. in it's place.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Watching the Michigan schools, well, I couldn't watch them for very long. Yeah, I kind of knew that MSU was over-matched, but I thought UM would be competitive. I can't believe that Rich Rod's firing wasn't announced at halftime.

UW was a good game, and really that very makeable FG that was not made in the first half, may very well have been the ballgame, as much as a single play in the first half could be.

Remember though, the Big Ten did do fairly well against the SEC last year, coming close to sweeping them on New Years day, with the exception of the OT loss of NW to Auburn.

Still the SEC, like it or their fans or not, are clearly the dominate conference in football. There's no shame losing to them, but there is shame when it looks like you don't belong on the same field with them, and the two Michigan schools clearly did not.

Thank god that Iowa and Illinois got wins when they were both underdogs going in or it could have been really, really ugly. Ohio State, I can't hardly even root for them Big Ten or not. With the mess that they have with those five players (by the way if it had been anyone else, they wouldn't be playing), I'm almost hoping they get hammered too.

Even though I've never been an Ohio State fan, I have always thought (until now) that Tressel was a class guy. Now I see that he puts NCAA rule-breaking (talented) players above integrity. Do you think if these players were at the bottom of the depth charts that this would be the outcome?

We could debate the severity of their crimes (even I agree they didn't exactly commit felonies here), but the point is that precedence had been set that the NCAA completely ignored. And remember even though the NCAA wrongly allowed these players their eligiblity for this one game, OSU Administration (AD or higher) or Tressel, either one could have sat these players down on their own, and they didn't.

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
The Rose bowl was a good game to watch. Gotta give TCU credit for playing a good game. I was cheering for WI. but it was nice to see the 2 teams play so well. No real loser in that game!
kadoty
Let's not talk about the Big Ten on New Year's Day. [angry1] Michigan, I expected, their defense sucks, Rich Rod is a goner. But Michigan State and Penn State? Really? All Michigan State did was prove the naysayers right, they did not belong in a BCS bowl game, totally unprepared for a next tier down bowl. Penn State, to lose like they did, wow, no words; Wisconsin, way to mismanage the clock at the end of the first half, could have had a touchdown, had to settle for a field goal; the end result, you lose by two.[doh] Northwestern is, well, Northwestern....what sucks even worse is that three of five losses were to SEC teams; as if SEC fans aren't arrogant and conceited enough....

To sum up the day....[donniker]

They were 2-0 going in, now it's left to the Buckeyes to try and salvage at least a shred of respect....

After once again watching the "Big Ten" stink up New Years day (going 0-5, and being embarrassed in most of them), makes me wonder why the conference keeps getting the invites to these games.

Yeah, I already know the answer...bowls and conferences have contractural agreements and because of all the fans the Big Ten universities bring with them.

Oddly enough, since the regular season ended, Indiana University may have actually had the best of it. IU fired Bill Lynch (deservedly so) and hired Oklahoma's Offensive Coordinator Kevin Wilson as IU's Head Coach. Coach Wilson has now brought a defensive assistant coach from Nebraska and an offensive assistant from Boise State to serve as lead coordinators respectively. Along with keeping most of the committed recruits, which were among the best classes IU has recruited in...forever, and suddenly IU looks like they may actually be fielding a legit Big Ten program.

Good Luck Coach Wilson!

Here we go!!!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.