Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

Re: active users. I noticed that google chrome reports "safari" and a mac pro shopws up as unknown.

Totally insignificant.

We're still working on browser detection issues at this point.

Chrome shows up as Safari because of the "UserAgent" that Chrome reports -- it's based on the AppleWebKit browser platform (which is the same as Safari and several others. Instead of detecting the "Chrome" in the UA string, the forum code recognizes the AppleWebKit string first and labels it that way.

I believe the upgrade we are testing solves some of the browser detection issues as well as issues with some mobiles (and a couple other things that are not working) --
Re: active users. I noticed that google chrome reports "safari" and a mac pro shopws up as unknown.

Totally insignificant.
UserPostedImage
Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

Couple hours later,here I am back again and all the times are fixed..LOL...

Was it automacically fixed or did someone do something about it? Inquiring minds and all that jazz!!!

I must repeat,it really is not a big deal to me ,but we were requested to report any issues..

Great job--------jeff

What you'll need to do is go to the My Profile link above, and check your settings to make sure the system is set to your time zone. We disabled the 'x time ago' on post times and now the server displays the actual time the posts were left. Downfall is that the forum now is set up for 'internationalization' so in order to keep that standard, the forum software bases everything it does against UTC time (which is basically GMT time) -- so each member needs to go to their profile and check the time zone setting and most likely update it to their local time zone. The system will then properly calculate the post times for the members based on their local time :)

Couple hours later,here I am back again and all the times are fixed..LOL...

Was it automacically fixed or did someone do something about it? Inquiring minds and all that jazz!!!

I must repeat,it really is not a big deal to me ,but we were requested to report any issues..

Great job--------jeff
Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

Mr Squirrel--

Not that it is a big deal,but I just noticed something about the time that posts are posted..

I just replied to a thread in Off topic about the playoff It was post number 6--It said that I replied st 1;50 pm when actually it was 7:50...I know it was alwqays an hour off in the past,I assumed it was a eastern vs,central time zone thing.But you said before to bring anything no matter how minor to your attention,so here it is....Great Job as always bud...jeff

Case in point---above post says posted at 1:58 pm when in actuality it was 8:58 am (eastern)

That is all,thought you should be made aware in case you wern't already...jeff
Mr Squirrel--

Not that it is a big deal,but I just noticed something about the time that posts are posted..

I just replied to a thread in Off topic about the playoff It was post number 6--It said that I replied st 1;50 pm when actually it was 7:50...I know it was alwqays an hour off in the past,I assumed it was a eastern vs,central time zone thing.But you said before to bring anything no matter how minor to your attention,so here it is....Great Job as always bud...jeff
The "active user" stats are interesting as far as telling the browser type and OS that is being used.
It will show iphones and ipads also.
UserPostedImage
Originally Posted by: DanTheBooker 

[admin2] I have noticed that when you are looking at a topic and you click "Next topic" It just reloads the page and displays a "No More Topics in this Forum" message.

Also, I am still having the "Less than one minute" problem. I tried updating my time zone. It didn't help.

I hope I'm not driving you nuts, Squirrel. I feel like a pest. Just trying to let you know about the issues so you can get this thing all fixed up! LOL💻

Whenever you reply to a topic, it moves that topic to the top of the list, which 'messes up' the next/previous topic from when you started browsing -- not really much that can be done for it. The message used to display at the top of the page, but now it atleast shows up 'within the screen area' instead of having to scroll back to see it.

The time-ago issue is an odd one. It's not causing errors for me as of late... I run Firefox on Win7 myself -- I know there are still some javascript issues with the mobile devices. I've been told that there is another series of updates coming right after the new year that are supposed to clear up many of our 'remnant' issues we're having.

No worries about being a 'pest' -- I can't work on fixing something if I don't know it's broken!
[admin2] I have noticed that when you are looking at a topic and you click "Next topic" It just reloads the page and displays a "No More Topics in this Forum" message.

Also, I am still having the "Less than one minute" problem. I tried updating my time zone. It didn't help.

I hope I'm not driving you nuts, Squirrel. I feel like a pest. Just trying to let you know about the issues so you can get this thing all fixed up! LOL💻
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

"preview" function in posting does not produce a live link which is handy for testing pics and video links.

It's supposed to -- Thanks for the heads up ;)