Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
BIG PHARMA is mostly a money scam....

They do not want to make you better,THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP COMING BAKC GIVING THEM $$$!!

Sometimes taking this stuff can be very bad!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Ciola/greg2.htm 
You couldn't have said any better Flamo.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

What is killing the system is those who pay nothing. The co pay is designed, not to offset the expense but to try to make you chose the appropiate place of service. Using the ER for a kid with the sniffles is a good example. A ten dollar copay at a primary is what should be done but instead they go to the ER because they can't be refused and duck out on the bill. In the case of non citizens that is the accepted way. Start billing their employer and add 25% and it will stop if they know they will be deported after treatment.. Obamacare is not the way, it didn't address the causes. By the way, I have no problem with you as a vet going to any hospital or any doctor of your choice with the gvt picking up the whole tab. I served in peace time thus I shouldn't get what people served in a war zone get. They earned every bit of it. They should also get lower loan rates, discounted travel and so on. The same goes for first responders, politicians should get nothing.

What is killing the system is those who pay nothing. The co pay is designed, not to offset the expense but to try to make you chose the appropiate place of service. Using the ER for a kid with the sniffles is a good example. A ten dollar copay at a primary is what should be done but instead they go to the ER because they can't be refused and duck out on the bill. In the case of non citizens that is the accepted way. Start billing their employer and add 25% and it will stop if they know they will be deported after treatment.. Obamacare is not the way, it didn't address the causes. By the way, I have no problem with you as a vet going to any hospital or any doctor of your choice with the gvt picking up the whole tab. I served in peace time thus I shouldn't get what people served in a war zone get. They earned every bit of it. They should also get lower loan rates, discounted travel and so on. The same goes for first responders, politicians should get nothing.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Yeah right, private HC will save you $$$$. Hahaha

Rip and tear is what they do. And when u get a hang nail, yo is dun.

Gary,
You knock the system so explain how you contain costs without a high or deferred refusal rate. Ins co rate 86th in the profit thing, 3 to 4%. Learn the causes of high HC first. Just remember with gvt HC you can't sue and there is no incentive for people to get into medicine and no way to get rid of bad docs or facilities. Why do you think England has to import doctors? HC isn't free and as for the VA, it should be the best and free to those whose served including using doctors and hospitals closer to home or who more expetise in certain areas.
One problem with our system is that those who add to the problem, lawyers do better than those treating us, doctors. I recenty when to my dr for weight loss. He had me go through teasts that were barely related from Xray and C Scans to lab work. He told me the cause was stress and not eating right but protocol from his lawyer said to CYA do all of these proceedures. I got dinged $5 to $30 for every test. Yet a non citizen gets all this free by going to the ER.
Read this
http://www.snopes.com/po...immigration/parkland.asp 
Just for the record, Medicare has a higher refusal rate than any insurance co. Bush did get a drug program pushed through for seniors Under Bush drugs per capita dropped from 827 to 770. That sure beats what happened under Clinton. A couple of things need to happen for prices to drop. Reduce the abuse by non-citizens, get the lawyers out of it and use open enrollment based on your birthday with contracts. Employer based isn't that answer although employers can pay direct for you but you chooose the co and coverage you want. More to it than that but that's the basic idea.
OK, I think I get what your numbers mean now. The current health care plan will probably do nothing to fix this but the republicans had control in the 2000s and did nothing and really have said nothing now either, probably because they liked the big kick backs just like the democrats.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Yeah right, private HC will save you $$$$. Hahaha

Rip and tear is what they do. And when u get a hang nail, yo is dun.
UserPostedImage
Benji
The fist number is actual current dollars, the second number is what it should have been using the inflation calculator. In other words what we paid in 1960, $14.71 we should be paying about $107 a year for. Even if you factor in technology we shouldn't be over $200. Look at 1990 to 2000 from $158 jumping to $827. That is 520% That is criminal and ALL of the companies did it because they knew if Hilllarycare passed drugs would be capped. Same thing is happening under Obamacare. They are raising their prices to survive. If most of this bill dies we need to stay on the ins cos to drop prices back down.
Benji
Everything is in current dollars,we should be paying far less but every time the gvt does something the prics go up far faster than they would normally. When Hilllarcare was proposed in that 10 year period it went from $158 to $827. Also lack of action such as not closing the borders has a lot to do with it. Nothing is free. Just what do you think those "Free" check ups are going to cost? SOmebody has to pay for it. As for single payer, what happens when there isn't enough money to cover costs?
Politicians get big kick backs from drug companies. Nothing will be done to change that anytime soon.

I assume the right number is in 1960s dollars the number to really compare. Look the biggest 10 year gap increase is between 1980 to 1990 at $24. The lowest other than during the 60s was from 1990 to 2000. While 2000-2008 was somewhere in the middle, it is only an 8 year period so on a per year period it was the highest of all the data given.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.