Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

My family booked in rides there as well joe sutton I think just a few times. There was a tragic accident one year we where there on the pirate ship. I remember as a kid seeing his show to me it looked good. Also there was a very tragic accident with his daughter. After that I think bill kinda of lost interest.. I remember when harry briar sold jewelry he would always say they had a good route cause they bought alot of pieces

I do remember that accident with his daughter. That was very tragic, and I am sure that it affected the entire family.
My family booked in rides there as well joe sutton I think just a few times. There was a tragic accident one year we where there on the pirate ship. I remember as a kid seeing his show to me it looked good. Also there was a very tragic accident with his daughter. After that I think bill kinda of lost interest.. I remember when harry briar sold jewelry he would always say they had a good route cause they bought alot of pieces
i dont smell em i just tell em......
i probably still have a dillard shirt or two somewhere

An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
we was with him from 86-93 valley spots
an the equipment I sw might just have been a book-in, since it was '06, we used to book with Dillard in the Valley also, PowerSurge and Avalanche. dont know whos stuff that was fown there, but in Bentonville AR, it was us (pride of texas lite unit back then), Kenny Payne, independent Joints and Guy&Gary always brought in some big funhouses and darkrides. when Bentonville mover their fairgrounds to a new loc, we stopped booking in altogether. of course im out of the loop since June, so........ whatever.
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DickHefner

define rough, that was enough to solicit an Amusement Ride Rights Assoc..... poor Puss

At some point this weekend, I send you some pic's of Conklin and CVS here, then pics of Dillard this next year. He did get much much better towards the end. But good lord! his first few years were something else

Having said all I said... I'm not going to comment on this thread anymore, at least not negitively since Showman's post of possitive and and his has fond memories of the show
define rough, that was enough to solicit an Amusement Ride Rights Assoc..... poor Puss
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
If I remember correctly, the last year Dillard played here in Little Rock it rained almost everyday for 10 days. His stuff always looked rough to me. All the big pieces were booked in.

Dittos Scott on the change. I vote for Wade!!!!! They are coming right thru Little Rock when they jump out of Oklahoma City. Natural place to stop.

I also hope the Fair Board votes in favor of moving the fairgrounds.
Another fact is in 1987 he combined forces with Link Shows and they played each others route, and while most know about this, unbelivably, a route arrow (2) are still on a Highway sign in my old Neighborhood.

He are starting to come off and faded years ago, but they are still there.
Dillard started his show in 1975 I believe. It was a small-medium size show. Maybe 20-25rides.

He got the Arkansas State Fair in 1985 from Conklin/Cumberland Valley (with a lil help from his friends in the state capitol) He lost the fair in 1995 to Deggeller.

He Picked up the Louisiana State fair in 94, but lost it in 95.

He also played Wyoming State fair (rolling my eyes) and Montana Fair in Billings.

He had the Canadian C circut for a while which included Thunder Bay, but lost that one to Conklin, then dropped his Canadian route.

When he first started playing Little Rock, his show colors were Orange and Green and first couple of years here the show looked VERY rough.

Towards the end of his run here, he brought in some nice ride packages.

Rides from Royal American, Pugh Shows, Elliotts, Lester Colgrove, John Hofenditz sp?

Changing shows to Deggeller was still a very good move for the LR fair, though I'm thinking it's about time for another change.