Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by johnroach100

Once in a while I see cars that would match on ebay, but not lately.

Did you get a picture of the drive on the car ride? I might know who made it.
http://entertainment.webshots.c...nhDi?vhost=entertainment 

Off Topic, but what's the story on that Triple Wheel ?
There is parking for about 10-12 cars in one lot on the road going towards the big city park and more parking around the other side if you enter from Broadway past the motel.
The park is on Broadway - very close to where the old Playland??? park used to be.(the park that the Phoenix coaster at Knoebels came from) We drove by there first, just a big lot full of weeds with a chainlink fence around it.
I was told that this kiddie park was owned by an "old carnie"(anyone know who it might have been?) who let it get really run down. The kiddie coaster was so bad that it had to be scrapped. I think a kid or two was injured on it. It sat empty for a while. She put a million $ into it. It was the front page story of the April issue of Amusement Today. I will try to find it to post it online. It was in terrible shape from what I heard.
The woman that saved that little park should be commended for rescuing that park. Unlike the lowlifes here in Chicago that destroyed our Kiddieland of 81 years in Melrose Park.
could be texasshowman, as i said it's been a looooong time ago. and "roosevelt" is sure ringing a bell for some reason. are there any rides at all in sunshine park?...an old little bitty train maybe? haha, as i said lying brian taught me how to m.b. at that lot so its always kinda stayed in my mind.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Once in a while I see cars that would match on ebay, but not lately.

Did you get a picture of the drive on the car ride? I might know who made it.
http://entertainment.webshots.c...nhDi?vhost=entertainment 
there is no lot next to the park.there parking is about for 12 cars maybe.your thinking of sunshine park on roosevelt ,
i think i played a still date in their parking lot or "next door"? this was a looooong time ago....over 25 years. and i seem to remember a very very run down park, weedy , no paint ,etc. if this is indeed the place i remember then major kudo's to that lady! (i learned to m.b. at this still date[:D])
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

I assume that the San Antonio ride co was in fact, in San Antonio like this park?

Sue, San Antonio Roller Works was/is in San Antonio. The company is now, Carousels USA.
http://www.carouselsusa.com/ 

"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
I assume that the San Antonio ride co was in fact, in San Antonio like this park? Perhaps it was where they showcased their new kiddie rides?
Sue, Kiddie Wheel is a San Antone and the Airplanes are Theel (I believe. Hope this helps.