Post a reply
Security Image:
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Got a copy of the 2011 calendar from Steve Hinz, and he has a photo of a portable Chance Giant Wheel that has the name "Carnival Attractions" on it. The photo was taken at the Ventura County Fair in California this past Summer, and the wheel is white, with a mix of multi-color and multi-color/white gondolas, pink trailers, purple on the trailer scenery panels, white towers, anyone know whose this is? Very sharp looking wheel, one of the nicest I have seen.

He has a photo on his Facebook page as well.

http://www.facebook.com/...1176401303&v=photos# !/photo.php?fbid=1569217108459&set=a.1569142066583.102068.1176401303

Actually, he has a hell of a cool collection of photos, period!

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
the was once a ground mounted at Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, California. If I remember right, it was actually sold on ebay, and came back east somewhere.
Waldameer Park in Erie PA has a ground mount Chance wheel
I believe Fantasy Island's is ground mount too.
I like the video of BCA's Giant Wheel, looks like it was taken in Port Charlotte FL, you can see my Mardi Gras right next to it. LOL.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Rockowheel

And don't forget the park model at Indiana Beach

Michigan's Adventure and Dorney Park each have one as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
And don't forget the park model at Indiana Beach
Hershey Park has a ground mount Chance Giant so does Playland Park, I am pretty sure the IX in Cleveland is ground mounted.

for those who have not seen, here are some Chance Giant Wheel videos:

Butler's -

NAME -

Wade -

Belle City -

Fiesta -

Amusements of America -

Reithoffer -

Inside the Chance plant -

from the Deggler wheel at Va State Fair -

suprised no one has mentioned the one in the I-X center that extends thru the roof. is that a trailer model or ground mount?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LB Shows Mini Midway

A knowledgeable friend of mine sent me this info to add. Some of these have already been mentioned.

Wade (2) (original Wade and former Link)
Butler (2) (original Butler and former United Shows)
Davis (2) (original Davis and former B&B Amusements)
NAME (3) (Farrow, Mid America (aka former Crown), former CVS)
Belle City (former Bill Hames)
Fiesta Shows
Deggeller
Amusements of America
Murphy Bros. (not sure what happened to it)
Funtastic
Reithoffer
J&J Amusements (former Pugh Shows)
All Star Amusements had one, not sure what happened to it
Gillette Shows had one as well, not sure what happened to it
Beauce Carnaval in Canada had one until this year

All Star (Blomsness) sold his in 1998 or so and bought a Century Wheel. I think it went somewhere in Texas but I am not sure. It was baby blue with white spokes.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
There is a park model Chance Giant Wheel at The Great Escape in Lake George, NY. There's also a Chance Giant at Martin's Fantasy Island Park in Grand Island, NY (not sure if this one is a park model or a portable).

Cumberland Valley Shows had the first one manufactured (now with the International Unit of NAME). CVS actually went to Chance with the idea, IIRC, and was heavily involved in the development of the ride.

As for the last one produced, technically the ride is still available, however supposedly Chance needs orders for 3 of them before they will start building one.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy