Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Someone else can fill in the details on Nolans tip top in ky and the ride op
who expired. My former Tip Top.
UserPostedImage
Saturday afternoon in Bakersfield CA, in the 80's. I'm counting money on the counter after a pickup. A kid is running fast down the midway and I holler for him to slow down. I noticed a HUGE chrome 45 in his hand, just as it goes off. It's slow motion from there, as I glance down the midway to see what he fired at, it goes off again, BOOM. He hit's a kid, walking with two girls, in the back. The kid hits the ground screaming, and the shooter runs up and puts one in the back of his head. Damn....ruined the rest of the weekend, and that kids life.
Gary C.
Coke bottle agent, I will PM you. It was in bad taste that I listed a name, sorry.
That was my dad on Steel's Amusment. Do you have any other information? Was he conscious when you found him? KB-- EB Illinois.
Take care bobo5038 thanks for the information and memories.
KB Illinois
I knew the Pollack from the east coast when he was with Harry Kahn, New England Anusements. Ed was good on all rides. He was dependable and got things done. His 'beetle' as he called her spent less than 7 years in jail. As Pinetar said, he earned our respect. Great ride sup, a good man and a good harted human being.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Call this a "safety seminar".
UserPostedImage
Superior WI top of the Skywheel to the bottom didnt break a bulb (did break his neck) thats why the sign say stay seated No charcoal in the tent especially if your in there with another guys wife and a few mor just a glimpse why its a bad topic [V]

if my old man would have kept his foot out from under the back of the tilt (he liked to keep a hand on the wagon when spotting) and not slipped in the rain that night he would of helped us write a few instead of passing his 16yr old so 9 rides and a bunch of lumber I have never written that chapter and a few oldtimers know but not many and most are gone defiently a safety leson[V][V][V]
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
many years while cutting a room with a buddy in philly a new guy joins the crew , its very cold maybe 20 degrees so we let the guy stay in our room.
well long story short they get into a beef new guy sticks my buddy with 2 inch knife , i take the knife away ,i get the kook out of the room . i had no idea the guy died no blood.
lucky they caught the scumbag across the street or it could have been bad for me.
rest in peace wayne
life is short enough without these kinds of things happening
i have seen a few more but i would rather let sleeping dogs lay.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Teen, grabbed 2 Eli grnd mnt windbraces from 2 separate wheels on Bobby Cohn's West Coast Shows in 69. Grounding problem, 220 volts, he expired.

Same show, same year: Show was going to a Butler spot in Klamath Fall, Oregon.

One skywheel load had braking problems over a mountain pass. Driver bailed out of the cab, leaving his pregnant girlfriend, who was sleeping, to an untimely death.

Fellow show folks were upset that he bailed on her.

Our WQ in 67: Pollack Eddie, a fine responsible hardworking ride sup was probably trying to get rid of his lush, live-in GF. Her sons were bank robbers and pretty stupid. She was always reading "True Detective" magazine.

I'm in the Army and my dad never sends me letters. I get one from him and it said that she cut Ed behind both knees with a butcher knife. He bled to death in our house trailer. She probably read about that method in one of her mags.

May he rest in peace. Flamo knew him and he had our respect.
UserPostedImage
Once saw a 17 year old mark in Mobile do something so incredibly stupid, that I still can't believe it. He died about three seconds later. If the trailer and sweeps on a round-up weren't painted red, I would have died too. It took five hundred Alabama National Guardsman to prevent more deaths. Still have nightmares.