Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Seems like the MO state fair PR person snuck onto Matt's
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

If Misery has a State fair, it's better than Michigan's.

We still have the U.P. State Fair. Clean fairgrounds, beautiful setting, terrific carnival.

You mean LOWER Michigan's.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
If Misery has a State fair, it's better than Michigan's.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
So, I played Sedalia in 98 and in 2007 (Murphy Bros) and last year (Wade). All I can say is it's too f*ckin hot. The heat alone would make me stay home if I was a fairgoer. I didn't like the Wade layout. It seemed lacking somehow. Not that they don't provide nice rides or anything...I can't place my finger on what the problem was exactly, but I won't go back there.
people not in the Biz just dont get it
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Real Carnival

The MSF is situated on about 300 acres of well maintained green grass, rolling hills, and beautiful trees. It has a combination of well preserved historical buildings mixed with a number of newer building. It's barns are filled with livestock. It has a great array of farm implements and assorted other commercial displays. The food isle has beer, entertainment and a variety of sit down food stands. They still book national acts and have various in a relatively new grandstand and have numerous free grounds acts. The carnival has more big pieces than most state fairs that are 2 or 3 times larger. The midway is safe, clean, with lots of customer amenities. They have discounts at the gate and the carnival offers a armband everyday (with a 20 percent discount in advance)This fair accomplishes all this located in a town of 20,000 people, in a month that historically reaches triple digit heat with the constant potential for thunderstorms. Sure their are alot of bigger fairs, but I don't know why or how anyone would say that the MSF is the worst state fair. Have above day.

You wanna know why some would say you have the worst State Fair....Cause maybe they a Idiots. Maybe, they had noone to ride a ride that had a no single riders rule. Maybe, they lost thier wallet. Maybe, their girlfriend found a new boyfriend at the Fair. Maybe, nobody really knows and they just wanna complain because someone has nicer and more stuff than them...
Excellant reply "Real Carnival".
UserPostedImage
He is talking about the Missouri state fair….
The MSF is situated on about 300 acres of well maintained green grass, rolling hills, and beautiful trees. It has a combination of well preserved historical buildings mixed with a number of newer building. It's barns are filled with livestock. It has a great array of farm implements and assorted other commercial displays. The food isle has beer, entertainment and a variety of sit down food stands. They still book national acts and have various in a relatively new grandstand and have numerous free grounds acts. The carnival has more big pieces than most state fairs that are 2 or 3 times larger. The midway is safe, clean, with lots of customer amenities. They have discounts at the gate and the carnival offers a armband everyday (with a 20 percent discount in advance)This fair accomplishes all this located in a town of 20,000 people, in a month that historically reaches triple digit heat with the constant potential for thunderstorms. Sure their are alot of bigger fairs, but I don't know why or how anyone would say that the MSF is the worst state fair. Have above day.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bikericky

the southeast texas state fair in beaumont texas moved out of town along side of interstate 10 on the west side of town and it seems to have been a good choice it had good attendance but it has increased each year even with th poor economy since the move

Speaking as a vendor (and a self proclaimed genius-not that everybody else isn't free to chime in and sing my praises) the demographic at Beaumont changed drastically with the new fairgrounds. The people with money started attending, and the locals who had been frequent guests when it was in town started dropping out.

The smartest move they made (in my opinion) was changing dates, and avoiding hurricane season.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.