Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
scotty who owned american beauty was out of perryville mo. we bought 2 hamptons and his 3 abreast chance mgr and some support equiptment back in the day. he had a son named randy who was a real good ride guy and refurbisher... just no personality...
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Met her once while she was visiting Miss Ester in 1976. I thought her show was out of Joplin.
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by captflash

carrie barthlemuew...... show was out of misouri
her and esther sperione was good friends
she would play jonesborro with esther carl mathis would send some stuff
more early 70's

carrie barthlemuew...... show was out of misouri
her and esther sperione was good friends
she would play jonesborro with esther carl mathis would send some stuff
more early 70's
woohoo, loved the pic.s! thanks for posting. i kinda actually LIKE the kiddie swings. you just dont see that kind of improvision much anymore. the cords dont bother me a bit as thats what i broke in with and still see on a regular basis. hooray for a CARNIVAL instead of a corporation!
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Stuff doesn't look too bad. Not the nicest, especialy the fun house and the kiddie swings, but everything looks somewhat cared for. Most of the paint looks kinda bland and not alot of lights.

In particular, I didn't like the look of the Tempest. You just need roofs over the cars to make it look right. The kiddie swings looks homemade. I didn't like seeing all the scattered cords on some of the pictures.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
I saw that show in Slapout, AL a couple of months ago. I thought it looked pretty good myself. The swing seats are a little um, different though.
HA! That Tempest is the last ride that Kenny Maple repainted, I recognize it from Pride Amusements WQ redone last winter, James Burlingame Restored it in 03' and we had it out on the road as a filler for a few blank spots til 06' when Ed sold it to Hungry Jack. then when Jack went bankrupt in 08' Ed bought all of Jacks equipment. Most of its still sitting in Baxter, some one came and picked up a rebuilt 350 kw gen, a 68'-72' Scrambler and the newly painted Tempest dubbed "BLAZE" this last january
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

the original american beauty was owned by a man named scotty. he was my grandfathers best friend. he owned one of the nicest shows in missouri at one time back in the day. he also used to use the winter quarters as holding spot for all of hub luers rides. alot of new chance rides where parked there as well. it was in a town called perryville. this gu at one time had all the big spots that johhny miller and lowery have played and my family as well thru out the years....

That's Barthlemuew sp? Right?

It was a very nice show... got a few dark photos of that show back in the 80's.

Archway bought quite abit of their equipment.
It's Bruce's stuff from what I can see. Stuff looks nice.
Last time I was around them it was Kemp and Turpin United Shows but the fence still read American Beauty.
the original american beauty was owned by a man named scotty. he was my grandfathers best friend. he owned one of the nicest shows in missouri at one time back in the day. he also used to use the winter quarters as holding spot for all of hub luers rides. alot of new chance rides where parked there as well. it was in a town called perryville. this gu at one time had all the big spots that johhny miller and lowery have played and my family as well thru out the years....
i dont smell em i just tell em......