Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
According to this post:

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.co...topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33320 

California State Fair is getting $35...
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
the miaimi and south florida lots don't flinch at 30.....
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
And what was said at the beginning of this topic?

People stop...see the prices...turn around and walk back to their cars.

Empty lots do not make money!

You can charge high prices to a few people, but you'll make more by charging less from a large number of people.

Wal-Mart makes more by selling for less to more people. Remember, this is a volume business!
$30 wristbands at every spot in miami
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Not to hijack the post, but why a show fluctuates its ticket/arm band prices is basic economics! Those days of $12 armbands are a thing of the past. To have a decent ride variety and spot I would say the norm is $18 to $25. Shows out west get onwards of $25+. No to mention parks/waterparks get $35-$60 for admission.
Dont get me started on wrist bands this year and ticket prices lol.

You seen some of my post about wrist bands and tickets.

Like i said before wrist bands should go anywhere from $18.00 to $20.00 and most shows are doing that. but i do know a few shows who are $25.00 i think thats pushing it. Yes i understand the show is trying to make their money but if wrist bands get to high its going to turn the people away.

Reithoffer shows is a pretty big outfit on the east coast. and they are doing $16.00 wrist bands at the upcoming Kimberton fair in Pa almost every night of the fair. $12.00 wrist band on saturday afternoon thats incredible for such a big outfit.

The other thing i hate is when you see the same show and the wrist bands are 20.00 then you see them at another spot and the wrist bands are $22.00 to $25.00

i hate when they flip flop around with their prices at each spot. prices should remain the same at every spot thru out the season. i dont care how strong the spot.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rdcolles

Well I know I'll get crap for this, but when they were in Grand Rapids at the mall, their wristbands were $25 for a very, very small lineup. Wristbands at the fair in South Bend last week were $22 with three times the number of rides. Being that people here at work know I am a carnival aficionado (I use the term loosely), I received numerous complaints about the wristband prices. Most turned around, got back into their cars, and left when they saw the price. I was up there most every evening and it was deserted.

Maybe this is apples to oranges here, but I've noticed that when you go into WalMarts in bigger cities, their everyday prices on many un-advertised items are less than those same items in smaller cities. Maybe they have to charge more at the smaller location to make up for the smaller customer base even though they offer less of a selection to begin with???

Just asking...

But I've wondered the same thing because while a carnival in my town charges $20 for a wristband for their rides, two weeks later, a bigger Show with more rides plays 18 miles west of here in a bigger city (Terre Haute), but only charges $18 for a wristband.

I'm curious too.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Well I know I'll get crap for this, but when they were in Grand Rapids at the mall, their wristbands were $25 for a very, very small lineup. Wristbands at the fair in South Bend last week were $22 with three times the number of rides. Being that people here at work know I am a carnival aficionado (I use the term loosely), I received numerous complaints about the wristband prices. Most turned around, got back into their cars, and left when they saw the price. I was up there most every evening and it was deserted.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Weeknights tend to be slow. I bet the number of riders picks up tonight and over the weekend.

Ive played plenty of lots in Flint, and dont count on it picking up that much. Just plan on selling lots of red candy apples...
Weeknights tend to be slow. I bet the number of riders picks up tonight and over the weekend.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy