Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by shopdude

iam pretty sure pugh shows had one back in the mid 80s if i remember right the car flew off down the midway in columbus,ohio

Wow, I had not heard about that. Did the car just become detached from the sweep?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

On the gas powered ones, was the engine mounted on the center framework or did it have it's own set of wheels and roll independently?

The one I dealt with had the motor and center mounted together.
iam pretty sure pugh shows had one back in the mid 80s if i remember right the car flew off down the midway in columbus,ohio
R.J.
On the gas powered ones, was the engine mounted on the center framework or did it have it's own set of wheels and roll independently?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ringmaster

The only piggy part was the tracks. The center came off like a Spider, the sweeps, tubs and landing gear were all one piece, and lifted with an overhead trolly on the trailer. The ride had an appealing ride action and loaded all at once,
There is a stair-step that is suppose to go by the ramp to load that tub. The center wasn't that puss like. The sweeps attached to two offset square plates, like an AH Twister. Only a few parts to handle, center, sweeps/tubs, eight heavy track sections that had to be gillied. some stationary sweeps, mudsills, the steps and fence.

It sounds like that one was racked right. The one I worked had about 20 pieces of track that racked underneath. The sweeps with the way the lift chains were rigged always wanted to flip upside down and drop on you when you lifted them. I saw that happen too many times. Thank god no one ever got hurt. The trolley to load the sweeps was bent and worked like it was bent. We used to load the jump by pushing a track bar through it for a handle and beefing it up on the trailer between the sweeps. Then you pulled the center pole up on the back of the trailer with the chain hoist or sometimes a pickup truck. Everything else you just threw underneath or on the trailer and strapped it down. Like I said earlier I was always amazed.
Could be a Mack Sprung Schanze. I agree about the gas power, they had a nice bit of torque and made a beautiful noise.
That's a very interesting looking piece. A lot of flash on it too! But it doesn't seem to have the kick that the old US gas powered ones did. The air time doesn't look too impressive, of course it could be the angle of the video.

This wouldn't be one of the Mack models, would it?

Here's another across the pond version, looks like 12 sweeps, runs clockwise. Don't know the make.

The only piggy part was the tracks. The center came off like a Spider, the sweeps, tubs and landing gear were all one piece, and lifted with an overhead trolly on the trailer. The ride had an appealing ride action and loaded all at once,
There is a stair-step that is suppose to go by the ramp to load that tub. The center wasn't that puss like. The sweeps attached to two offset square plates, like an AH Twister. Only a few parts to handle, center, sweeps/tubs, eight heavy track sections that had to be gillied. some stationary sweeps, mudsills, the steps and fence.

I used to move one every Sunday night / Monday morning. With a little work to the trailer it would not of been to bad to move. The capacity is not all that great as compared to some rides. But on a smaller show it would be O.K. again. The only down side I can think of about it is the loading like I mentioned before about one tub always being on the jump.

In reply to LB 's question..Yes that was the same one