Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikenedie2

I am packing now and 3 more are leaving which brings the total to 41 as of tonight. We gave them 4 day to get it together. Wasted 4 days.

Pitchmen, right? The only time you post on here is to trash a state fair?
You guys try blowing out up on the Show Midway and the Goon Squads will be snatching up some itshay....I heard they might even be on loan to the Fairboard to help squash the vendor uprising...

Cowboy says..." You ain't going nowhere til that nuts been paid..."
Quote:

quote:

I am packing now and 3 more are leaving which brings the total to 41 as of tonight. We gave them 4 day to get it together. Wasted 4 days.

What ya packing up?

You got someplace better to go?
Edie
What do you got working there at the spot Edie?

I'd love to see pics of the truck...
Quote:

quote:

In response to bhb. You have no clue what you are talking about. I am friends with many vendors and none of them booked this show for the first weekend only. That doesn't happen in this industry. First of all any legitimate fair would not except a turn over like that. Now to address you thoughts on the used truck giveaway. I am from the south, I am from Louisiana. I would be offended to get a call from someone telling me I won a 1986 used truck that has a window sticker on it saying "AS IS". What a joke. The sign on the truck says it will be given away on Sat the 8th. The tickets for the drawing say it will be given away on the 9th. The signs in the building say we are open for business from 11:00am - 9:00pm Sunday, but the website said the gates opened today at noon. The great PBS show The Between the Lions had 6 people watching it this morning. They had more people behind the show producing it. Also they are not even mentioned in the brochure that was printed for the fair. Wat a disgrace. They now have 38 empty booths that have moved out of the vendor buildings as of 6:00 pm the first Sunday of the fair with more to go in the am. Looks like is is not just me as you have implied. Can't believe it can be that many vendors that all got it wrong. We have been lied to and mislead from day one. I could go on and on but what good will it do. Get your facts right fisrt before your accuse someone of not doing good business. My prediction is this fair will be over after this year.

Yet you are still there??? Hmmm.
In response to bhb. You have no clue what you are talking about. I am friends with many vendors and none of them booked this show for the first weekend only. That doesn't happen in this industry. First of all any legitimate fair would not except a turn over like that. Now to address you thoughts on the used truck giveaway. I am from the south, I am from Louisiana. I would be offended to get a call from someone telling me I won a 1986 used truck that has a window sticker on it saying "AS IS". What a joke. The sign on the truck says it will be given away on Sat the 8th. The tickets for the drawing say it will be given away on the 9th. The signs in the building say we are open for business from 11:00am - 9:00pm Sunday, but the website said the gates opened today at noon. The great PBS show The Between the Lions had 6 people watching it this morning. They had more people behind the show producing it. Also they are not even mentioned in the brochure that was printed for the fair. Wat a disgrace. They now have 38 empty booths that have moved out of the vendor buildings as of 6:00 pm the first Sunday of the fair with more to go in the am. Looks like is is not just me as you have implied. Can't believe it can be that many vendors that all got it wrong. We have been lied to and mislead from day one. I could go on and on but what good will it do. Get your facts right fisrt before your accuse someone of not doing good business. My prediction is this fair will be over after this year.
Edie
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bhb

THE SHOW LOOK'S GOOD OVER 40 RIDE'S AND 75 JOINT'S A OF A HAS THE FAIR BILLY TUCKER IS BOOKED WITH 15 RIDE'S,JANE BAXTER VIVONA WITH 3 RIDE'S AND BOB MCKNIGHT WITH 6 RIDE'S A OF A HAS THE REST.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by john777

this thing sounds like dreck to me .
is this the first year ?
i haven't played any state fairs in many years but besides tampa when did they start playing state fairs so early in the year ?
i hope those people playing it will get the nut.

They did move it to the spring this year John. It opened thursday, With A of A, Dixieland and Jane Baxter supplying the rides......
As to how its going I have no clue tho but I am thinking of going up there.
http://www.georgiastatefair.org/ 
trey

75 joints wow
any idea on the rent [?]
book em if you can
more power to them
and i am not knocking just saying i wouldn't play it.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Judging from bhb's typin he ain't spent much tyme in skuul. Can U trust a man like ghat?
UserPostedImage
There will always be knockers, just part of the biz.

From my view point the Fair board is doing a rather good job with what they have. You have to realize that this is a state fair that gets absolutely no funding from the state, did not have a fair last year and had a down year before that, so the board did not have a lot of money to spread around. Big name entertainment, new trucks to give away and things such as that cost money!! The only way that the board could afford that is though sponsorships and I can tell you that sponsors around here are few and far between right now.

I applaud the fair and A of A for moving it to the spring, this was a fair on the way down and I think that they are going to be able to revive it. No, the Georgia State Fair will never be Perry, but I think that it will turn into a very nice spring date that the Vivonas will be proud to have on their route.