Post a reply
 Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by AGS

If I'm correct, Fiesta Shows - still has theirs. I havn't seen it for at least 2 years, but I believe they still use it for the "big spots". It is a Floyd + Baxter unit.(photo is located on the 4th page in the Fiesta Shows album in webshots - below) They also now have a(wanna say) 90' Scooter.

yes AGS they still have it< also have 2 trailer models , they sold the pino scooter to bobby meyers, a year after they aquired it, bobby had magestic go through it, again a nice piece....but back to gene's floyd and baxter, they redid it years back, its a really nice one still for a ground mount
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Ted asked for skooters on the road but answers are all over the place, so let me include this one.

Reverchon, imported by A.J. Sunny Amusement Co, in 1965 to the port of cleveland, Ohio.

This pic was taken in 69 on Fraiser World Fair Shows, Pueblo, Colorado.

Ten men, 10 hours to set up. The cars used the Euro system with tokens inserted in each car. So tokens were sold instead of ducats. We were able to unload, load and start in 10 seconds. No bs, I timed it.

Had a big day in Tallahassee as a result of the system we used.

UserPostedImage

Cool picture, I like how them GMs sit right on the ground. I took a big majestic? Scooters out for a season and I had a 4x4x8 box full of blocking. If they stuck me on just a little bit of a grade I was usually taking everbody elses spare blocking.
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
The May issue of CARNIVAL has an article on The Mighty Thomas Carnival. In the article, co-owner Tom Atkins mentioned that the show shortened the size of their Floyd & Baxter Bumper Car Bldg.

An excerpt from the article...

In 2009, MTC lightened the load of their Floyd/Baxter Bumper Car. "We cut it down twenty feet and we got rid of a trailer", Tom reports. "We haven't noticed that much difference in gross and we've noticed a lot better net".
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ted

Ray Cammack has a "ground mount" euro style one where the axles pull out from underneath, its huge! If Indianhead Amusements outta Spooner WI is still on the road they move a Floyd and Baxter. Then I know last year when I was at Strates auction they had one out there, not too sure if someone bought it or is moving it?

Didn't sell[:(] Those old ground-mounts are dinosaurs
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

We were able to unload, load and start in 10 seconds. No bs, I timed it.

Very impressive.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
wilson family shows has one..... it goes up at there bigger spots
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I hope to pick one of the 60-80' models soon for our park.

Scott,
If you are, you'd better hurry up. With all the interest/attention being given to F&B bumper cars on here lately, the asking price may go up[:p].
Ted asked for skooters on the road but answers are all over the place, so let me include this one.

Reverchon, imported by A.J. Sunny Amusement Co, in 1965 to the port of cleveland, Ohio.

This pic was taken in 69 on Fraiser World Fair Shows, Pueblo, Colorado.

Ten men, 10 hours to set up. The cars used the Euro system with tokens inserted in each car. So tokens were sold instead of ducats. We were able to unload, load and start in 10 seconds. No bs, I timed it.

Had a big day in Tallahassee as a result of the system we used.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GACC

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

If I am not mistaken, CVS had some in one of their old F&B Bumper Car buildings a few years back.

Carnevil, you out there?

Geren bought a GM bumper cars from CVS and had it at Coney Island last year.

http://www.flickr.com/ph...n/set-72157622197065821/ 

Geren also owns a TM bumper cars so I dont know if they plan on using it during their regular season.

That's my flickr pic, taken on Aug 1, 09, when the bumper cars and Himalaya purchased from CVS had just arrived in Coney. Geren got the Reverchon Himi up and running before Labor Day and its a beauty. But he did not get a chance to set up the bumper cars. These two rides along with a Wildcat coster were purchased in anticipation of a multi year contract in Coney, not for traveling. Unfortunately the property owner Joe Sitt of Thor Equities is a real estate speculator. His lots are currently empty and no one has been able to sign a contract to bring in rides, though many have tried.
Amusing the Zillion
A former carny kid casts an insider’s eye on the amusement business, Coney Island, and fun places in between
http://amusingthezillion.com/ 
http://twitter.com/AmusingZillion 
If I'm correct, Fiesta Shows - still has theirs. I havn't seen it for at least 2 years, but I believe they still use it for the "big spots". It is a Floyd + Baxter unit.(photo is located on the 4th page in the Fiesta Shows album in webshots - below) They also now have a(wanna say) 90' Scooter.